Hello Guest it is April 30, 2024, 04:53:00 AM

Author Topic: Read only DRO  (Read 5003 times)

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
Read only DRO
« on: January 02, 2011, 05:49:19 PM »
Is there a way to restrict users from selecting a DRO - ie making it read only ? i have several DROs on the screen of our bespoke production machine that show aspects of the machien performance. it is not necessary for the operator to update these, and could in fact be undesireable.

I've tried dropping a blank image button over the top, with code to pop up and info message explaining 'don't mess with this', and that works for all areas except the DROs, where clicking simply selects them anyway !

I have pretty much all the mach3 screen editors, so if anyone has a suggestion for any of these I'd love to try it !

Tim

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Read only DRO
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 06:51:37 PM »
Write the data to a UserLabel. If it needs to be updated continuously, use the macropump.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 07:59:01 PM »
What I have done is put a blank image button over the DRO and made it a VB button, although I dont think thats needed, its just I have a message in it ;)
Anyway before saving the screen in screen4  go to the Edit menu and choose Bitmaps to back.
Should now work exactly as you want, does for me anyway :)
Hood

Edit
 Just looked at my screenset and I noticed I had removed it but couldnt think why, then I remembered. There is a drawback in that if you click the button over the DRO it takes a snapshot of what is in the DRO then if another value is written to that DRO in the future and you then clcik it the value of the first time shows up. If you update the DRO again its goes back to what it should be. I had this over the X axis on my Lathe screenset and as soon as I jogged the true value would show again but I decided to remove it as it could be dangerous.
Hood
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 08:16:42 PM by Hood »

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 10:10:06 AM »
Looks like I'll be swapping over to userlabels then ! No small task though :'(

Thanks for that suggestion, I hadn't thought of it. Sounds better than the image button solutino I've been playing with.

Tim