Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:55:53 AM

Author Topic: Referencing and Home Offset  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
Referencing and Home Offset
« on: November 13, 2006, 12:05:48 PM »
Is it possible to have Mach automatically move the X, Y, and Z to the actual X and Y location of my table after it's done referencing without adding some extra code to the "Ref All Home" button?  I have the offsets set in the "Homing and Limits" screen, but that just changes the DRO's.

Thanks,
Scott (Another new guy on the Mach ;-)
Scott
Re: Referencing and Home Offset
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 12:28:37 PM »
Sorry you will have to add code to the button :( It is not as bad as you think :)

Add this to the button and you will have it

Whlie IsMoving()
Wend
Code "G53 Xx.*********x Yy.yyyyy"
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 01:15:24 PM »
Hi, Scott

You can also use Active Tool Offset's

Not an expert hear, Go to Offset's page, click on Fixture 2 G55, enter your table offset's ( value you want is the location you want to start cutting on table).

Now return to Program Run Screen Regen tool path, you should see your item to cut is offset by the amount set in Fixture 2 G55.

In the DRO's you'll see a -X, -Y value, that's shows current position of where your located from fixture offset, if you click on Machine Coord's you'll see ABS X 0, Y 0 which is your Home Ref. point.

Now you can Run your Gcode should be fine.

Changing back to Fixture 1 G54, Regen tool Path will return your Cut and View Ref. to Home location

Just scratched the surface of offset's, many other ways to do this like, editing your Gcode, insert a G55 just before your first cut, save changes, ref Mach3 manual in Tutorials above .

Dry Run this to confirm propper operation.

Don't Forget to save the Fixture offset's on exit of Mach3.

Hope this Helps ,Chip

Offline Scott

•  139 139
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 01:24:06 PM »
Thanks guys,

Couldn't I also edit the script for the ref button with a G28 If I have things set right for "Home Offset" and in the G28 home location coordinates?
Scott