Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:22:59 AM

Author Topic: Pokeys help  (Read 3608 times)

Pokeys help
« on: December 29, 2010, 09:55:33 PM »
I just installed pokeys on a home built control panel for my CNC mill but am having some "issues"
It works great most of the time but when I shut the computer down "sleep mode" and start it back up only half of the digital inputs work, if I unplug the pokeys and plug it back in it works fine?
I'm confused as to what the issue might be, could it be noise, the plug-in?

JT

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: Pokeys help
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 01:01:27 AM »
Hi!

"Half" is not precise enough for any help.
You can try to check IOs with PK software after wake up.
On the other side sleep and CNC are not very common...
regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 08:47:00 AM »
go into your Control panel, and go to the USB part of the device manager, on ALL USB devices (with your PK plugged in), turn OFF, the "Power Saving" and sleep mode stuff, so that the USB is NEVER goes into sleep mode, or hibernate.

PS, basically just like you do for the Smooth Stepper, if you need step by step, read the Smooth Stepper how to doc, that Jeff Brit wrote, it is on this site, or his site, but he goes through step by step how to STOP Win-blows from screwing with your USB roots and nodes.

scott
fun times
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 12:12:48 PM »
I will try to check on the USB settings, sorry Boris for the vague help me!! post.
Should the green light go out on the Pokeys when the computer is in standby mode?

JT
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 03:06:21 PM »
 ???still having issues with mine, I disabled all power saving features on the PC, and I still have the same problem
that is when powering up the PC initially, the pokey's only works for X- and Y- no Z axis movement
now if I unplug the usb cable and plug it back in it works great, still confused as to what the issue is, plug-in maybe?

I am using momentary pushbuttons to control axis movements, any advice is greatly appreciated thank you

JTCUSTOMS
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 01:36:51 PM »
Any ideas?