Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 05:41:53 AM

Author Topic: Dual Monitor Display  (Read 3305 times)

Dual Monitor Display
« on: December 26, 2010, 06:58:21 AM »
Hi all
Just a quick question, Is it possible to set two different mach screens over two monitors?
For example, I would like to have the "run" screen showing on one monitor while having the "diagnostics" screen showing on the second monitor
I have been able to set up the graphics card to do all the various options of display, but cannot achieve having two different Mach screens showing at the same time

Has anyone tried this or is it just wishful thinking
Looking forward to some guidance on how (if possible) to set this up

Thank you and regards

Ex-Apprentice

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Dual Monitor Display
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 07:22:28 AM »
It may be a possibility in the next Rev of Mach but not in this.
You could do something similar now,but not so easy as you would have to make a screenset up that is double the width and use windows to display it on both monitors, that way you could have half your page on one monitor and the other half on the other.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 07:46:46 AM »
Hi Hood
Seasons Greetings (bit late)

Thank you for the reply, is & when will the next revision of Mach
With PC 's parts getting cheaper (Dual monitors graphics cards etc) just thought this would be a nice feature.
I have run Mach running on one screen while having Sheetcam open on the other so far
and have managed to stretch Mach across both (single view)doesn't look so nice though
The build is progressing (slowly) but I'm happy with the build so far, just need to crack on

Thank you and regards

Ex apprentice

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 07:53:15 AM »
Yes stretching the standard screenset would look odd, you would really need to make a new screenset up so the width was 2048 rather than the normal 1024.

When will Rev4 be coming out, that is a good question and afraid I dont know the answer and no one does, except to say when its ready ;D It seems to be almost ready for Beta then a prob is found so it goes back again then the cycle repeats ;D
Not even sure this will be included in Rev4, I just recall it was talked about but I dont know if  it ever got beyond the talking/wishlist stage.

Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 09:57:31 AM »
I was able to do this with my new screenset in about 20 seconds. Just opened it on Screen4, made it wider by the width of my flyout diagnostics screen, and slid the diagnostics into place. my 1280 wide monitor wouldn't let me drag the window wide enough to display it all, but it does work.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html