Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 01:22:20 AM

Author Topic: Problems with Arcs in the X/Z Plane  (Read 3699 times)

Offline mhdale

•  130 130
  • Knowledge is the Treasure.
    • View Profile
    • Black Dragon Technologies
Problems with Arcs in the X/Z Plane
« on: November 11, 2006, 05:23:28 PM »
Whenever I have posted a toolpath recently which has arcs in the X/Z plane I run into problems with the MACH3 and how it interperates the toolpath. I am sure it is some simple setting in eithet MASTERCAM or MACH3 but could someone out there pass along a little knowledge in this area? I am machining a 3d relief generated by MasterCam ART and it has some arcs in the x/z plane. I have MASTERCAM set to break arcs at quadrants but what Mach3 seems to do is interperets the original move plus a 360 degree circle which if its a gentle curve ens up with a big arc...some of these try and send the tool through the table and others in a loop the loop. Im Not a G code expert so Im not sure how to "fix" this.
Thanks in advance

Mike

Offline mhdale

•  130 130
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Arcs in the X/Z Plane
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 05:30:35 PM »
Just Upgraded to Version 2 .... That seems to have dealt with almost all of the problems with my NC file.... Still have one purple loop showing on the toolpath screen, not sure what that is... or if I should be worried.... should i?

M

Offline mhdale

•  130 130
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 05:39:22 PM »
In Response to wether or not I should ber concerned.. I have my Answer.... a responding YES!! When it Reached that Section of the Toolpath It Tried to Plow the Head through the Table in a reverse Loop ..... not Good!!

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 06:31:26 PM »
Hi, Mike

Post your code if you can or email it.

Thank's Chip
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 06:46:32 PM »
Yup post your code and TRUST the toolpath!!!!!!!! We put that there to keep you out of trouble ;)  You post it and I think we can fix it  (Or your code if that is the problem)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com