Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:36:27 PM

Author Topic: help to find collets size  (Read 10276 times)

Offline Kai

•  60 60
    • View Profile
help to find collets size
« on: December 23, 2010, 08:27:21 PM »
I have the full milling set for the clarke CL500. I am looking to get a R8 milling chuck ans wouldering if anyone knows what the clarke collets will fit industry wise, 20,20,32 you get what I mean. I dont want to buy more than I need to with the way work is right  now so if you can help out please do or give me the specs so I can measre up and see if I can figure out what I have.
Many thanks to all that answer Rik

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: help to find collets size
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 03:36:40 AM »
Do you have a link to what you have or are thinking of getting?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 04:48:38 AM »
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 06:55:39 AM »
I have the full milling set for the clarke CL500. I am looking to get a R8 milling chuck ans wouldering if anyone knows what the clarke collets will fit industry wise, 20,20,32 you get what I mean. I dont want to buy more than I need to with the way work is right  now so if you can help out please do or give me the specs so I can measre up and see if I can figure out what I have.

That machine has an  MT3 taper for the mill spindle so an R8 will not fit, you should be looking for an ER type collet chuck with MT3 shank

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 07:48:32 AM »

That machine has an  MT3 taper for the mill spindle so an R8 will not fit, you should be looking for an ER type collet chuck with MT3 shank

Phil
He already has this set for the clarke mill, i think he wants to know what type of collet is used in the set, so he can buy an r8 holder for them for his denford mill.
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 10:49:31 AM »
He already has this set for the clarke mill, i think he wants to know what type of collet is used in the set, so he can buy an r8 holder for them for his denford mill.

Doh !!

Just measure the outside diameter of a collet if it 32mm then the size is ER32

Phil
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable

Offline Kai

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 05:04:59 PM »
ah righ thank you thats the answer I was looking for. I do have the collet set for the clarke mill and yes I was looking to just have to get a new chuck but was not sure of how to wrk out which ones I had but that answers the question great now all I have to do is mesure them up.

I don't have an engineering background so this is new to me as to how to work oout whats what lol I'm just a newbi wet behinethe ears type of guy  ;D
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 05:14:05 PM by Kai »

Offline Kai

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2010, 11:01:14 AM »
Ok I have mesured the collets and they do not go with any specs I can find or in the ER system.
The Dia is 24mm with a lenght of 45mm

So it looks like I am no further on that I was lol oh well back to the drawing board

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2010, 11:12:53 AM »
Attach a pic or supply a link to what you have and I am sure someone will know.

Hood