Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 08:55:37 AM

Author Topic: Spindle Control Through Galil Digital Output  (Read 3600 times)

Offline Shivu

•  18 18
    • View Profile
Spindle Control Through Galil Digital Output
« on: December 23, 2010, 09:35:38 AM »
I am using a Galil DMC2123 for a turning application with Mach3, here i am using an induction motor for the spindle with encoder mounted on the shaft, i wish to switch on and switch off the Spindle through Galil Digital Output.

Can anyone help me doing this.

Shivu.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle Control Through Galil Digital Output
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 03:11:52 PM »
Map Mach Output #1 to a Galil output in Ports and Pins "Output Signals".  Do the same for Mach Output #2 to another Galil output.  The Port and Pin settings are in the Galil Plugin documentation.  Then, on the Ports and Pins "Spindle" tab, enable your spindle relays.  Clockwise is output #1 and counter clockwise is output #2.

Since you have a 2 axis controller, you will not be able to control the speed of your spindle from the Galil.  That would require another axis, so your encoder wont do you much good here.  :(

Steve

Offline Shivu

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 10:36:34 PM »
Thanks for ur reply Steav,

Can you guide me how to map the output numbers to output signals.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 10:56:27 PM »
There is a pin mapping in the Galil Plugin PDF.  Simply locate the output pin number that corresponds with the Galil output that you want to use and put that pin number in for the Mach output signal.

Steve

Offline Shivu

•  18 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 02:39:01 AM »
Hi Steve,

Thank you very mach,

Now i have planned to use Galil DMC2133 instead of DMC 2123, so that i can control the speed of Spindle, can you guide me how to Configure the Spindle for the third axis.

Shivu.

Offline smurph

•  1,546 1,546
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 12:24:43 PM »
Simply map the Mach 'S' axis to the Galil axis you want to use for the spindle control.  The click the "Spindle has encoder" check box and give the counts per revolution of the encoder and set the acceleration values.  The Galil will then drive that axis with a JG command.

Steve