Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:15:28 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 under Win7 toolpath display interfere with motor running  (Read 3623 times)

Mach3 under Win7 toolpath display interfere with motor running
« on: December 22, 2010, 06:36:19 PM »
I know the title sounds very strange but here are the problem I found:

Mach3 installed in 2 brand new PCs running Windows Vista Starter, both have the same problem.

Once Mach3 is running JOG mode work flawessly. But after loading a Gcode program all goes wrong. During execution or JOG mode all axis make some strange noises at random but all simultaneously (if they are moving of course)

I tried to touch the BIOS (worked on another PC) unsuccesfuly. Then I unchecked all options in the toolpath display menu and it greatly improved. But some trouble remains.
If I run Mach3 in a very little window also works pretty well.

I think thereĀ“s some kind of interference than came from the video or graphic controllers in Win7 that corrupt the steps cadence. I also tried with a non-onboard grapic card and it did not provide the solution. I tried with the onboard and offboard LPT ports and got the same.

I am running out of ideas, have you any tip for me?

Happy holidays, sorry about my english

Best regards

Alex

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Mach3 under Win7 toolpath display interfere with motor running
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:06:34 PM »
Are the files very large? If so, this can happen with any OS. How many lines of code are you loading?

If you turn off the toolpath, does it then work fine?

On my XP machine, I have to turn off the toolpath when I get over 100,000 lines of code.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 07:48:43 PM »
Are the files very large? If so, this can happen with any OS. How many lines of code are you loading?

If you turn off the toolpath, does it then work fine?

On my XP machine, I have to turn off the toolpath when I get over 100,000 lines of code.

Thanks for your answer!

The Gcode program is very small. If I turn off the toolpath it works better but still some noises are present.

Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 11:42:52 AM »
I have recently noticed that if I move my Mouse Pointer around the screen while the machine is running,  I hear "disturbances" in the stepper motor sounds. I expect that it is some sort of interrupt causing this as the Pointer crosses the various buttons on the screen. Running Windows XP . . .