Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:50:15 AM

Author Topic: Y axis move when just X axis is homed  (Read 13067 times)

Re: Y axis move when just X axis is homed
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2010, 06:09:57 PM »
As a side note after playing around with the v16 SS plugin I note another odd sorta related issue and that is that I can no longer seem to set soft limits.
With x and y limit switches this is not a big deal though I miss the slow-down when jogging near the edge, since I have no lower Z limit switch I also
have to be careful here as I tended to use the soft limit and it's slow down factor to allow me time to react when jogging down...

Not a big deal but thought I mention it, for those who might have tried it out.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2010, 06:20:57 PM »
SoftLimits work fine for me with that plugin, are you saying you can not even enable them? I have also just tried with the xml you attached and I can enable/Disable softlimits and simulating here at home it slows down fine.

Might be worthwhile changing all SS plugins in the plugins folder back to m3p extensions except for this latest one and also maybe even make a new profile up just in case something is corrupt.

Hood

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2010, 08:22:11 PM »
Just for the record I have spent some time going through the steps Darren outlined in post 20, and can not get it show Darren's issue.

v015ogx2

Greg
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2010, 09:16:39 PM »
RE: the soft limits....

I can't seem to enable softlimits at all.  Mach aways reports:  "Machine is out of limits for softlimit activation".
This is even after just homing the machine with auto-zero on so it is sitting at 0,0,0
I have tried playing around with different max and min numbers and being sure the machine coordinates are
well inside but still it won't enable.  I am starting to think a full remove and reinstall of the Mach, and SS software
might be the answer.  I have removed and reinstalled the SS plugins and drivers already but maybe there is something
messed up in Mach...or I am just cursed.
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2010, 09:32:22 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone....

Spent a couple fooling with the mill today ...

I have the soft limit enabling again.  Not sure how but with all the switching around or something I must have changed my limits on the Z axis.  I found I had it set to be 0 to 6 instead of 0 to -6.

Still not totally happy as for some reason once I got the soft limits to enable I found that homing all causes the X and Y to work as expected but the Z axis seems to obey the slow down near the extremes set in the soft limits even when homing...this would not be all bad except as it sneaks up on the zero position (up) it gets slower and slower then just before it trips the switch the soft limit is exceed (as zero is just in front of the switch) and this causes Z to be non referenced.  My work around was to actually spec the soft Z max limit as .05 instead of 0.0 this allows the Z to actually hit the switch before the soft limit and thus it is referenced.  I think there might be a slight bug that fails to turn off the soft limiting when refing the Z.  X and Y do not exhibit this behavior.

Darren