Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:48:38 AM

Author Topic: best way to restart program after accidental Estop  (Read 3802 times)

best way to restart program after accidental Estop
« on: November 10, 2006, 08:48:18 AM »
We need to restart at the stopped position and continue the program. Do not have line numbers as were told Mach2 does not like line numbers(on one of the posts) . It is a problem to not restart at the stop point as we are in the last 20% of the cut. TNX rdd

ynneb

Re: best way to restart program after accidental Estop
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2006, 08:53:57 AM »
You can bet the machine kept moving a few steps when the Estop was pressed, due to inertia.
This means you have lost zeroing of the axis. The only solution is to zero it back to your xyz zeros and start the whole cycle again. it will cut fresh air until it gets back to where it left off. Does this make sense ?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2006, 10:30:05 AM »
I guess what we could do to start at the stopped position is to edit the preamble and step to the lines about where the program stopped. Also ie it true that mach2 does not like line numbers? We are writting our G code from BobCad/BobCad and always have to edit the preamble to make the program run. I suspect it may be in the post.  We have only been with the programs and machine for 2 weeks, we are trying to make a setup for the programmer and the machine operator(me) TNX

Hood

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2006, 12:05:17 PM »
Never heard of Mach not liking line number and although most of my code doesnt have line numbers I have used quite a few that do and have had no problems. This is with Mach3 mind you so maybe Mach2 was different (cant remember that far back ;)  )
 You should be able to highlight your code in the Gcode window and then scroll through it, while you are doing this you should see the moves highlighted  in the toolpath display,  once you get to the line where you hitthe estop you can press the "Run from here" button. You will be asked to confirm a prep move then hit the start. It will move to the position and hitting the start again it will carry on running the rest of the program. Maybe this feature is not in Mach2 so although it wont help this time it is a very good  reason that you should download Mach 3 and start using it ;)
Hood