Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:46:54 PM

Author Topic: Help Installing .m3s screens?  (Read 4477 times)

Offline btu44

•  28 28
    • View Profile
Help Installing .m3s screens?
« on: December 14, 2010, 11:05:26 PM »
Hello,

I am attempting to load the Turn Blue Silver screen that is in the m3s format.
When I double click the file I get the 'Windows can not open this file' and not the 'Screen Installed' message.
I'm using the Tormach build of Mach3.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Barry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Help Installing .m3s screens?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 02:35:16 AM »
You normally place the .set in the main Mach3 folder and any image files that come with the screenset in the bitmaps folder. You then open Mach and from the View menu choose Load Screen, you can then browse to the .set that you want and it will load after a few seconds. If the page is missing images then the images are in the wrong folder so you may have to put them in another folder within the bitmaps, there may be a readme with the screenset download explainging where to put the files.
 If you still dont get it to work it could be because Tormach have their own OEM version of Mach which is limiting things to the way Tormach want it to work for support reasons.
Hood

Offline btu44

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 03:01:51 AM »
Hood, thanks for tying to help. I have been able to load new screens when a .set & bitmaps are proved. But the screen I'm tying to use is in a .m3s format.
 The instructions on the Screens Download pages says to just simply double click on the .m3s file and it self extracts (I'm guessing) the files. I've tried a few other .m3s screens and none will open for me.
Barry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 03:08:06 AM »
Ah Ok then that will be due to you having  the Tormach version of Mach. the M3S and M3P file extensions should get registered to Mach when you install Mach but it is likely that is missing from the Tormach version as it is an OEM version and as said before they limit some of the things they allow you to do for support reasons.

You may be able to get round it by installing Mach on another computer and then installing the screenset on it and then copying over the files it installs to the Tormach computer.
Hood

Offline btu44

•  28 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 03:14:06 AM »
That sounds like a good 'workaround'.

Thank you much...
Barry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 03:19:13 AM »
Might also be worthwhile cheeking you have the latest Tormach version of Mach as the latest one may have the file registrations.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 11:45:34 AM »
I found optional screen sets on the ArtSoft website. Zip file attached.   Would modifying the "custom tailored" Mach screen set preinstalled on Tormach alter / disrupt the operation of a Tormach machine?  

I would like to add: Goto Z to my Tormach / Mach screen as this function is not visible.  Or is there another way around this?  Thanks all who respond.

Jerry

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 07:54:59 PM »
It should be possible to alter the Tormach screenset but cant be 100% sure as I have never had a Tormach.
You may invalidate your warranty (if you have one) by altering the screenset but that would be up to Tormach.

Hood