47 (66.2%)
Mach 3 G-100
3 (4.2%)
Two of any of the above
4 (5.6%)
Not Using mach yet- just looking
3 (4.2%)

Total Members Voted: 67

Author Topic: What version of Mach are you using? (Voting poll)  (Read 12536 times)

Offline chad

•  361 361
  • When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    • View Profile
What version of Mach are you using? (Voting poll)
« on: November 07, 2006, 04:52:54 PM »
I See a lot of people using Mach 2 and while it is a functioning version it is not as well supported, the vast majority of work is being done on Mach 3.

So if you are new user using Mach 2 please post and let us know why you chose Mach 2 over three.

Thanks  :D

Chad

By the way, If Mach 2 is working fine for you then by all means go with what works, I am just curious.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 07:01:25 PM by ynneb »
Re: What version of Mach are you using?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 05:07:01 PM »
We are using MAch2 will upgrade as soon as the router mfg gives us the post file to setup, I figured that we would have to do the setover in the BobCad/cam as the G code was generated in that program. I really appreciate your help TNX
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 05:08:43 PM »
What will the G100 plugin give me ?
Using M3 2+ and luvin' it

Offline chad

•  361 361
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 05:14:07 PM »
What will the G100 plugin give me ?
Using M3 2+ and luvin' it

The G-100 is a separate pulsing controller made by Geckodrive. It takes the place of the parallel port.  So the short answer is unless you have a g-100 it won't do anything for you. ;)
http://www.geckodrive.com/product.cfm?pid=19

We are using MAch2 will upgrade as soon as the router mfg gives us the post file to setup

Ok I had a feeling that might be what is happening. Mach 2 is used OEM by lots of people, that helps explain things.

Chad

ynneb

Re: What version of Mach are you using? (Voting poll)
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 11:46:21 PM »
Good idea Chad. I would be interested to know this too.
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 07:29:44 AM »
I have been using Mach 2 ever since Mach 3 was still a "beta version" I think you call it.  I have liked Mach 2 and have had absolutely no problems with it, so I just haven't taken the time to install 3 yet.  Maybe I'm afraid I'll like it more than 2.  Is that normal???

Brian

Offline chad

•  361 361
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 06:08:20 PM »
If mach 2 is working and doing what you want then stick with it.  My intention behind this poll is just to get an idea of who is using what. When we try to answer questions and provide help we need to know what people are using. I have seen times when we make suggestions and offer help on the latest version and the user is running mach 2. Art is still providing support to mach 2 oem people and keeping the program running but all the new features and goodies are going into the latest version of the software. I am also sure that all of the admins and moderators are using the latest version and this can pose some problems for the reasons stated above.

Anyway thanks for the post. As for liking mach 3 better than 2, well that is a personal preference. I like mach 3 better because i like some of the new goodies. Things are a little different but all in all if you have mach 2 figured out three will be no big deal to get used to.

Chad