Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:37:57 AM

Author Topic: Ramdom Tool Change In Mach3  (Read 3946 times)

Ramdom Tool Change In Mach3
« on: December 04, 2010, 07:57:12 AM »
Hi All,

Pradeep Here. I Am using Mach3 With SmoothStepper Plugin for pcb Drilling.Drilling program is having muptiple no. of tools. How to make Random tool change. Suppose i have completed 1 st tool drilling now i want to drill 3 rd tool. One more thing how to do repeat machining tool using single command.

Pradeep

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Ramdom Tool Change In Mach3
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 08:34:10 AM »
How to make Random tool change. Suppose i have completed 1 st tool drilling now i want to drill 3 rd tool

You need to do this in your g-code, usually with an M6 T3.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 10:12:21 AM »
My understanding is a true random tool changer uses a swap method.

You would have to have a Tool change arm to swap tools and then a master log file to keep track of the tool pockets and which tool was in what pocket.

not worth it, unless you have lots of tools and tool holders, and want a rotary delivery system. I think I seen Peter Homann has a rotary carousel on his mill, but I believe it puts back the tool used and indexes to the next needed tool.
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 12:19:12 AM »
How to make Random tool change. Suppose i have completed 1 st tool drilling now i want to drill 3 rd tool

You need to do this in your g-code, usually with an M6 T3.
[/quote

Hi Gerry,

I mean if you have 10 tools in your program. 1 st tool is completed. suddenly you want do machining with tool no10. then how you will slect tool no.10 with single command.?

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 03:01:54 PM »
I gave an example of doing a "Hot Swap" or Random tool change M6 script in the VB section, do a search and look at it.

scott
fun times