Hello Guest it is April 27, 2024, 05:52:39 PM

Author Topic: Relocating the 0,0 origin.  (Read 10536 times)

Re: Relocating the 0,0 origin.
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2010, 04:45:38 PM »
.....edit...
  I meant to say "displacement from lower left extent of the drawn entities".
But ... you know what I meant, I'm sure.
Let us know how it works out for ya.
Regards,
Russ

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2010, 05:27:39 PM »
Try the attached dxf. I got rid of your redifined origin ( that dot you placed in the center) in CAD. That point becomes a reference center away from the CAD origin.
Then the profile was moved in CAD to 0,0,0.
As shown in the attached pic, CAD origin / LC origin ( when as drawn is checked ) and then the file as posted to Mach. All the origins are the same.
I used to do what you did to a new drafter to see if they could figure it out a long time ago as a joke.  >:D Redefinng or having a temporary origin can be handy at times but don't screw around
when your cnc machining. Also do not put dots or extraneous points in a drawing as LC will import those points and think you want to machine them. Or put a point way outside in space on the drawing.
RICH
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2010, 09:29:13 AM »
Ok, I think I understood the concept. I am going to ignore my reasoning and stick to yours.  Today I’ll start a test from the beginning and I’ll report the results shortly. Thanks to all of you.
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2010, 12:00:46 PM »
OK, I reloaded the DXF file on AutoCad and cleaned the drawing, sent it to LC and relocate the origin at the center and sent the .tap to TKcnc editor and converted the XY to polar coordinates The polar listing was not in order, so I when back to LC and relocated the origin to the beginning of the cuts instead and back to TK still no good. I am posting the two files so you can have an idea what’s happening. It’s imperative that the rotary table turns only in one direction always. If we can find a solution to this method a script could be writing later on to do this process automatically or at least more practical. 

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2010, 03:35:48 PM »
I really don't know what you are trying to do.

I am going to ignore my reasoning and stick to yours

No need to if all works for you..... What is your reasoning?
Mine only has to do with providing an acceptable dxf import into LC such that the origin (my desired location that i will use to set up the machining operation ) is where i want it.

RICH
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 06:44:44 PM »
Mr. Rich, my apologies if I express wrong. I am very grateful to you and the rest of you who has tried to help me. Please understand this is not my native language and I am making an effort to convey to all of you what I wanted to do in my best way. I am sorry.
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 07:00:19 PM »
I found the posting that I was referred in my first post.  http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,13262.0.html  This member had the same problem I am facing now and he found a solution.  I have try to duplicate his approach and couldn’t.  It could be that he uses a different version of LC than the one I am using. Thanks.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2010, 07:03:20 PM »
No apologies required my friend.
Seems your trying to use the code from LC and  then convert the gcode to use the rotary table.
Sorry,try again, I honestly do not understand  what your trying to do.....

RICH

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2010, 01:25:45 AM »
Tim

that post that you reference to where that person had the same problem as yours was to be done on the mill table.you want to do your part on a rotary table.two completely different things.L-cam does not do code for rotary axis .L-cam does 2d flat stuff not 3d.why do you want to cut that part on the rotary table.

bill
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2010, 02:09:50 PM »
Yeah, you are right, but if I could do what he did I’ll manage to do what I wanted do. All what I wanted to do is to call the piece’s center point 0,0 That’s all.  I am probably asking too much but that's the way the west was made.

Tim