Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:51:53 AM

Author Topic: motor tuning  (Read 18026 times)

Re: motor tuning
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2006, 07:17:34 PM »
well now I'm annoude ( read Very upset!!!) i have just spen the last ten mins writting a responce setting it up and adding files then I hit thew submit button to find you can't post MC9 files and Oh you need to re-type all the crap you have previousely said.

well here is the DXF file

If you nee more info e-mail me salty72(AT)tsn(DOT)cc

Also attached is the VFD spindle I'm using and it's controller (it's the 1.5Kw 220Vinput spindle)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 07:19:09 PM by salty72 »

Hood

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2006, 07:20:46 PM »
Maybe pressing the back button on your browser would have got you to all your previous typings. You can zip the file before attaching it as the forum accepts zip files.
Hood
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2006, 07:38:50 PM »
I don't know what hte hell is going on here every so oftern my broser updates the page and I loos all the stuff I have just typed, I really thought I was over my Dummy spit, but I am starting to see red again

-This reminds me of the video clip of the bloke who looses it and bashes his monitor with the keyboard and then starts laying into the computer, I thought it was funny at the time but am beginning to wonder where I can get another keyboard to bash the living daylights out of this Lappy

So I'll post know B4 loosing it again and continue in a Moment
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2006, 07:53:32 PM »
Ok back again!!

the MC9 file is done using layers   [auto save]
 so if using MC you will be able to view all the different layers etc...   [auto save again]

!!!***  guys as this is a customers file [read friend of the family] ...can you do the right thing and ask B4 using it yourself***!!!!!

Oh lucky this time I had it saved ( I have no idea what the hell is going on here !!)

sorry back on track

the file is faily basic there is a surface that has a curve in both the X-Z plane and the Y-Z plane.  the X-Z is on a radius of about 132mm and the Y-Z is around the 32mm Radius

at Z=0 there is a 2D chain of a pair of sunglasses, (well quite a few if you consider the 5 different layers )

the 2D chain is then projected to the surface this creates and a splined curve, this CORD is not projected perpendicullar to Z=0 as this would mean the    [auto Save] 
machined sunnies would infact be longer than the 2D chained image. but instead it ahs been wrapped (if this make sence)

anyway here is the Zipped Mc9 file. if anyone has any Q's pls just ask
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 07:56:53 PM by salty72 »

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 08:26:42 PM »
Hi Salty72,

My theory is this :-

based on the code you posted the longest single move in the file is approx 0.9mm, if your router is running at even 20% of 2600mm/min this is still 520mm/min how on earth can your axis drives possibly get any where near that speed and back to 0 in .9mm moves.

If you add up the total distance to travel its only 250mm so at 200mm/min its only going to take 75 seconds.

So 1min 43 secs at 4600mm/min ain't right.

I have 2 machines on the same job 1 rapids at 40 meters/min the other rapids at 10 meters/min over short moves the 10 metre machine is faster.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2006, 09:02:03 PM »
I got the 1M43S from the clock that runs in Mach3 when you hit the START button, so it mighit include the movement from X0,Y0, Z30 to the first point of the lead-in the moved to Z-4 the 6mm arc for the lead-in the cutting of hte job the 3mm overlap, the 6mm arc for the overlap, the move from Z-4 to Z30, the return  and the rewind of the program..

Don't get me wrong I like the way you worked out hte 200mm/Min feed rate this might be a very usefull thing to remember for the futer especially when making small moves as apossed to long flowing arcs etc...

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2006, 09:10:51 PM »
Having looked closer at your code the profile is dodgy, see picture

Graham.
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2006, 09:15:44 PM »
sorry Graham, I sent you the file that has 4 half height tabs -these tabs were going to be used to ensure that the sunnies stay attached to the rest of the material but as it turned out with a vacuum of 20"Hg and blue tack sealing it there is no longer a need to use tabs

•  2,668 2,668
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2006, 09:21:32 PM »
I hate to say it but this one is worse

Graham.
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2006, 09:27:07 PM »
Mate, help me out here >>>>

this is the correct one ( i even checked it B4 posting this time)

salty