Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:40:37 PM

Author Topic: dspMC and Pokeys  (Read 5693 times)

dspMC and Pokeys
« on: November 28, 2010, 01:01:59 PM »
I am in the planning stage of converting my mill to mach3 and I will be using the DspMC/IP for the motion control.  I am thinking of using a Po-keys device to for the front panel inputs. This could eliminate a large bundle of wires. Can the dspMC and Po-keys work at the same time in Mach3?

Thanks,
Paul
Re: dspMC and Pokeys
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 01:06:24 PM »
There should not be any problem since the DSPMC is a motion control plugin and the Pokeys is a non motion control plugin.
I have not used the two together(yet) but I have used multiple plugins at the same time.
The only thing you can't do is use multiple motion plugins at the same time.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 04:08:06 PM »
there may be ONE potiential conflict........  mabey........

If you use the "Joy Stick" jogging functions on the pendant config page (or PoKeys plugin). I directly manipulate the Engine structure for jogging.
I suspect that Rufi, also, directly manipulates the engine structures for jogging as well, (i.e. like through external keys coming in through his board perhaps he can clairify).

At any rate, IF  you DON'T use the PoKeys "Analog" jogging functions (joysticks type), then you should not conflict with his plugin.

Jogging is one of those functions (external device controlled that is), that has to manipulate the engine structure...... so two different devices cannot BOTH
control that......  The plugins are load I think in alphabetical order, so the last plugin that runs that also manipulates the engine, wins-out....... so to speak.

scott
fun times
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 01:04:11 AM »
Thanks for the responce. I would like to use the pokeys for the MPG input and FRO and spindle speed override. Do you think there would be any problems the using the pokeys to control those features?

Thanks,
Paul
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 01:34:06 PM »
Hi,

You will want to connect the MPG to a hard encoder input or a soft encoder input!  Don't try to run the mpg through the pokeys!  As far as FRO and axis selectors you should be fine using the pokeys.

Andrew
Andrew
MachMotion

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 10:08:25 AM »
have to disagree with Andrew, the latest pokeys firmware fixed the MPG issues, and it working fine now.

all though to be fair, Harware connected MPGs can be turned really, really, really fast, where as PK MPGs can be turned at hand turning speeds.
fun times

Offline dresda

•  220 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 08:55:30 PM »
I also had the same question as Paul. I am using dspmc and you must use remote cycle start feed hold feedrate overide e/stop to operate a CNC, it is impossible to run the machine with a mouse, don't get too technical on us (poppabear)
Regards, Ray.