Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:14:31 AM

Author Topic: Jog slows down  (Read 7597 times)

Jog slows down
« on: November 27, 2010, 02:54:34 PM »
Can anyone help?

After about 10 mins using the jog for all axis slows down to about two steps per second there are no warnings or error messages.
The same also happens if I have G-code loaded and am running the code. I have tried disconnecting the parallel port lead in case of interference and the same thing happens. I am using xp pro svs pack 3.and the latest ver of MACH3 lockdown. I have been useing the sample roadrunner G-code.

Re: Jog slows down
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 03:34:43 PM »
Just one other thing, the LED output lights don't light when I jog on any axis, the machine operates ok till it slows down.

Thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 03:37:21 PM »
Tony,

I'd suggest downloading version .38 from here: ftp://machsupport.com/Mach/

I'm having loads of trouble with many things in version .40 using parallel port, "std. PC" and Win 2000. Actually I've totally given up on version .40.

I did experience what you have with .40. I found only way to get it working again was to stop Mach and open it up again. Also, it would get stuck in other jog modes also. And if you feed hold, often jog would get stuck when you least want it to.

Also, when you re-start from freehold, if it does manage to let you jog, the restart moves to get back to the path would be totally wrong. Use with great care! Not loosing any steps though.

Also, I get no spindle speed (with started spindle) using vn.40 and nothing I can adjust will get it back. Works fine with vn 38 and older.

But, there don't seem to be many other complaints out there for this version so there must be something with our set ups.

Vn. .38 seems generally better but has feed rate and re-start problems in Turn that I'm just trying to understand now.

Give it a try. I'd be very interested to know if .38 is better for you as well. There was a change to the driver in vn. .39 according to the log.

For me Vn 22 is good for Turn (not for threading) and vn.38 is mostly good for Mill but definitely not for Turn.

Woody.

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 06:13:49 PM »
Thanks woody, I will give it a try when the ftp site is back working it seems to be down at the moment.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 06:22:10 PM »
ftp is fine for me, just tried it. Sometimes its a bit slow to load.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2010, 07:02:18 PM »
I can get to the ftp and the MACH directory but error when I try to open any file, if you could give it a try for me and let me know just in case it is a problem with my brouser, thanks Tony
ftp is fine for me, just tried it. Sometimes its a bit slow to load.
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 07:19:00 PM »
Just downloaded 042.038 and although it was maybe a bit slow, only 324KB/s it downloaded fine and have just installed it and it installed fine as well.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 01:42:53 AM »
Maybe you have to click to it from the top of the downloads page. First blue link:

"For previous versions of Mach and LazyCam, XML's, and other Extra Information: Click Here"

I think that does an auto guest login - sorry, I maybe shouldn't have posted a link to the actual ftp site.

Woody
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 08:16:31 AM »
Sorry woody. my fault I had shut sown that many services just in case they where interfering with the program it had screwed up the browser, a quick restart and it was fine, thanks.
Maybe you have to click to it from the top of the downloads page. First blue link:

"For previous versions of Mach and LazyCam, XML's, and other Extra Information: Click Here"

I think that does an auto guest login - sorry, I maybe shouldn't have posted a link to the actual ftp site.

Woody
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 08:17:45 AM »
Still does the same thoe even in ver 38 think I will try a different pc.
Sorry woody. my fault I had shut sown that many services just in case they where interfering with the program it had screwed up the browser, a quick restart and it was fine, thanks.

Woody