Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:53:55 AM

Author Topic: 3 PAGE LATHE SCREEN - WIZARD ADDITIONS  (Read 44394 times)

Offline zarzul

•  232 232
  • Wyoming, USA
    • View Profile
Re: 3 PAGE LATHE SCREEN - WIZARD ADDITIONS
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2010, 03:33:57 PM »
I have some additional wizards that you can use for your new screens.  I posted these quite some time ago, feel free to include any of these you like.

http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,4206.0.html

Arnie

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2010, 03:35:15 PM »
Sorry Wes, it was my bad about the Z values. They are fine.

It looks like in diameter mode the K word should be half the radius. See the code I posted in reply #23. Here are the last few lines:

(Finish Passes)
G1 X15 F0.05
G3 X15 Z-25 K-5
G0 Z-15
(Spring Pass)
G1 X15 F0.05
G3 X15 Z-25 K-5
G0 X16.5
G0 Z0.5
M5
M30

When is diameter mode, the last G3 move takes the cutter to the extreme X5, while the X end is defined as 10. Sorry for being unable to explain it better. Hope you follow me. Just change between the modes and run the code. You will see where the DROs go. Also load the OD Arc3 wizard and see how the arc movements are affected by changing the mode. I didn't try to understand the math behind it, but for some reason, in diameter mode the 'I' word adds up. In radius mode it's zero.

Dan

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2010, 02:21:06 AM »
Dan, OD Arc3 wizard doesn't work the same as this as I keep the arc radius constant.  I is not used. K = the radius of the arc. This will be the same in diameter mode as in radius mode. I will have some more time to take a look at this on the weekend. I have been quite busy lately. From what I see of the code I have outputted it looks correct. Make sure your in diameter mode when the code is posted. Also in diameter mode xstart and xend is the diameter. To check the code take a look at the "G3" line take the X value and subtract the radius value. The first line should be the clearance amount above the stock. I do see the clearance should be doubled and its not but that should still be ok as it wont hit the stock. I will fix that issue. Gonna have to test this on my lathe to see what is wrong or if it works like it should.

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2010, 05:05:21 AM »
Thanks Wes. Although I am quite sure I was in diameter mode, I will check it again later.

Dan

Offline DMBGO

•  201 201
  • Time is the same in a relative way
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2010, 06:38:17 PM »
Hi, I just found this thread and have downloaded the new wizards. I will give them a try soon. It is great to see some work being done on the lathe side of Mach3.

If you are taking feature requests for the existing wizards, it would be great to have a tool number field in all of the wizards that don't have one already.

The first couple of times that I used the OD groove wizard I managed to attempt a 10mm deep initial cut with my parting tool, with disastrous and fairly expensive results.

I subsequently worked out that I needed to edit the gcode output from the wizard and input the tool number  ie: T103.

Anyway thanks for what you are doing.

Cheers
Dave
Cheers

David

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2010, 08:29:26 PM »
Dave,

Yes. I am going to add tool number, rpm/sfm,-css, fpm/fpr and coolant to all of the wizards. Please use my new wizards with caution as they haven't been tested enough by me to consider to be 100% safe. Dan was reporting some issues with diameter mode on the OD Arc3 wizard but I haven't had the time to test it yet.

Wes

Offline DMBGO

•  201 201
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2010, 08:34:09 PM »
That's good new about the tool numbers Wes, I tend to use everything with caution due to my limited CNC experience. I did read through the thread so far and saw Dan's issues, but I always use radius mode, so I may not see that one.
What did Dan mean by his issue with the Z start and end being swapped?

Cheers
Dave
Cheers

David

Offline DaOne

•  236 236
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2010, 08:57:34 PM »
The issue with zstart being swapped was never an issue. I think he was just looking at it wrong or something? I use radius mode as well and tested the wizard quite a few times in that mode. It worked flawlessly for me. One thing to be aware of. CSS and FPR don't work together. I had my lathe try to start cutting at what seamed like rapid speeds after a few passes. We have also noticed the FPR by itself isn't cutting correctly as well. Just a couple of the many bugs in mach 3 lathe. I am hoping Brian can work his magic someday and fix these issues.

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2010, 01:15:14 AM »
The issue with zstart being swapped was never an issue. I think he was just looking at it wrong or something?

Correct. Was my mistake.

Haven't had a chance to mess with the OD Arc3 some more, but, as reported from the few tests I did, there was an issue in diameter mode.

Dan

Offline DMBGO

•  201 201
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2010, 03:05:07 AM »
Hi again, I hope you had a good Xmas, playing with the lathe again today, I accidentally ran a wizard generated gcode file without inputting a spindle speed... duh!
It would be great if all the wizards had a mandatory spindle speed field as well as tool numbers.

Cheers
Dave
Cheers

David