Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:38:55 AM

Author Topic: Stuck on brain  (Read 12418 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck on brain
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 08:05:23 PM »
Third time lucky? ::)

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 08:09:10 PM »
Think we are back to problem one, if the LED goes out DRO will zero.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 08:20:05 PM »
When the LED comes on do you do anything such as E-Stop? Just wondering if any of the variables may help.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 10:26:01 PM »
I think I've got it.  The decimal thing seems to have something to do with the AND, OR and EOR.  This solution works.  The user DRO stops and stays put when the LED goes out.  When the LED re-lights the user DRO changes to zero then when movement starts, the brain matches it to X position.  That behavior is OK.

What I'm trying to do is create a function that takes the torch back to the last point that the system had a good ark OK signal.  I'm not sure how to handle the G-code yet or if it's even possible.  The problem is that if the THC goes into anti-dive mode, it waits 3 seconds for the voltage to come back into range.  It it doesn't, it shuts the torch down, which causes the arc OK LED to go out.  When mach sees that the arc OK is lost, it pauses the program until it sees a good arc OK.  Problem is that if the torch shuts down in the middle of a command, like the mid point of a circle, the torch shuts down, but mach completes the current command.  The result is that half the circle is left un-cut.

When you rewind the program, you can't rewind and run from the beginning of the last command because you would be cutting air and the THC would shut it down.  You have to somehow rewind and run from the last known position
where the system had a good arc OK signal.

It happens so infrequently that it's hardly worth the effort, but it's a challenge and something cool if I can get it working.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 10:27:33 PM by rrc1962 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2010, 04:10:55 AM »
Oh well it was third time lucky ;D

It happens so infrequently that it's hardly worth the effort, but it's a challenge and something cool if I can get it working.
I feel the same way as you with things like this, once I start on something I find it very hard to put it down until I find a solution.
Hood
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2010, 10:58:04 AM »
Yep...The third one did it.  Thanks so much for your help.
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2010, 05:08:25 PM »
Hood...What's involved in interfacing the DL06 to Mach3?  Is it just a serial connection then configuring the ModBus in Mach or is there more to it? 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2010, 06:04:09 PM »
Some people use the ModBus plugin but I prefer the Non plugin interface. The non plugin nterface can talk via VB and I think you are restricted to Brains with the plugin.
As for setting up its simple, heres a screenshot of mine.

Hood

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2010, 07:28:13 PM »
you can use brains with the non-plugin serial as well
fun times

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 07:33:02 PM »
Yes, I use Brains, what I was getting at was I dont think you can use VB with the Plugin where you can with the non plugin interface..
I think you use the plugin Scott, can you assign inputs and outputs in Ports and Pins, for example I have some outputs as drive enables and just have port 0 pin * et up for that , can that be done if you use the plugin?
Hood