Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 07:29:31 AM

Author Topic: Setting 'Soft limits' Question  (Read 3337 times)

Setting 'Soft limits' Question
« on: November 24, 2010, 05:42:40 PM »
How do I 'Zero' the soft limits to the size of my table? Watched the video, but can't see how to set the home to my table size.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Setting 'Soft limits' Question
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 05:49:25 PM »
Depends what you are meaning by table size, are you actually meaning axis travel?
If axis travel then what you do is, on homing and limits page,  set X and Y min and Z max to zero and then X and Y Max and Z min are set to the travel of their respective axis.
If your home switches are at the positive end of travel on an axis or some other place other than fully negative  you will then need to set a home off value equal to the distance the home switch is away from fully negative.
You can then enable the softlimits on the main screen. Also if you press the display button it will toggle between table view and workpiece view, you may need to Regen after pressing the display button.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 06:32:33 PM »
The cut that I can do on my table is X = 0,42"  Y = 0,23". But how do I set 'Home' @ 0,0? Are Am I asking the wrong question? 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 06:36:04 PM »
Do you have home switches?
Hood

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 09:26:00 PM »
In order to use Softlimits, you have to reference or home the machine in order for the softlimits to know where they are. This is typically done with home switches, but I reference my machine by running it into hard stops and ref'ing it there.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html