Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:12:18 AM

Author Topic: PoKeys 10.6.2 (got the ADB sequencing correctly)  (Read 5195 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
PoKeys 10.6.2 (got the ADB sequencing correctly)
« on: November 24, 2010, 11:40:07 AM »
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
update 10.6.2 24Nov10
1). Auxillary Data Bus is working correctly and in sequence with Machs ADB
LED test block. Note to match the lay out of Machs ADB test page on the
pokeys screen, put Device 1 board, at the top, with relay screws at the top,
device 2 board below that on, screws on top..... etc.
you will need a 1 AMP (true 1 amp), power supply per relay board at 12v.
NOTE!!! Boris Recomends 500ma, so start with that........ 
all I had on the self was a 2 amp supply.

scott
fun times

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: PoKeys 10.6.2 (got the ADB sequencing correctly)
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 12:03:42 PM »
400mA as stated in user manual is enough.
Be aware of cheap wall mart power supplies!
Normally it is written e.g. 1000mA. It is max current at 3.3 or 5V.
You must check avaiable current at 12V!

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 02:20:14 AM »
Hi

I am having problems with the Auxiliary Bus - any help would be appreciated  :)

The Auxiliary Bus can be accurately and repeatedly talked to in the PoKey Set-up and Test Utility program.

But when in Mach 3 and one sends out OEMLED numbers to activate and deactivate an Auxiliary Bus output one gets semi random assignment of the LED. The interesting thing is that in the screen set PoKey.set configuration screen - Auxiliary Bus lamp display screen that shows a matrix (of 8 horizontal by 10 Vertical lamps) confirm what is appearing on the actual relays is happening exactly the same on the screen matrix.

As both the Mach 3 software display and the relays are in unison. It discounts (I hope) it being an electrical problem of bits being lost in the shift register and puts it I believe in the Mach 3 Pokey Driver area. What do you think?

Supporting details
The main axis controller is a Vital Ethernet DSPMC/IP
Pokey Mach 3 plug in 10-6-4
Mach 3 Version R3.042.040
Refit job on my Morbidelli U50 (hightechcarving.co.nz)
9 Auxiliary Bus boards fitted

Regards Rob

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 03:17:02 AM »
Hi!

If all is working with fine with PoKeys config software, there should be no hardware problem. It can be configurations or plugin side.
Do you have latest version of PoKeys SW?
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 03:30:21 AM »
Hi
I am running Pokey Firmware V2.1.15 Sept 14 2010 and latest I understand is  2.1.17
Is that the problem?
cheers Rob

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 03:39:39 AM »
It is always recomended to use latest one.
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 07:55:53 PM »
Hi again
I have replaced PoKey firmware 2.1.17 and still not working.
Using Mach MAD and for example.
setting 3 buttons to 1710 ULED will control 3 different relays. Look at attached jpg to see.
I hope someone can help.
cheers Rob

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 05:26:10 PM »
My suspecion is you have something else using or writing to those ULEDs....... something is stepping on your range......

I have a ADB and Relay boards x2 here, used to have all 10 but aurturo needed the other 8 back, it was working fine at that time, and I have not touched that code since.

So, that is what leads me to believe that something else is using that range, is the DSPMC using them? do you have some of them in a Brian or Macropump?

if you have checked your Config at the POKEYS software side, and your sure that the pk PLugin config matches your pksw config, and you dont see any thing else that might be trying to step on your ranges, then, get on Skype, and send me a contact request, in the request PUT WHAT THE REQUEST IS ABOUT!! if you dont, I will delete and block the request.  
skype name: poppabear1000

we will then discuss a step by step walk through........  90% of the time though these kind of issues are Configuration issues in pksw or plugin cfg, or something else is stepping on your range: usual culprits are Brains, Macropump (or other cyclic macro), other Plugins/devices that might be accessing/using that range. of ULEDs

NOTE: the Seq ON/OFF button on the ADB test page will INCREMENT the ULEDS one at a time (i.e. see your seq. counter UDRO2118 says 12), that may be interfering with it as well, type a "0" into that dro and hit enter, it will reset your counter to 0.

To test it you want to do this: hook up your ADB device, and with the counter at 0, push the seq ON?OFF button, your ULEDS on this page, and on your ADB hardware should turn on, ONE LED at a time starting in the upper right, and going left, then starts on next row, etc........ your external device should do the same and follow you as what your seeing on the test page.

scott
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:28:33 PM by poppabear »
fun times