Hello Guest it is December 15, 2019, 06:21:55 PM

Author Topic: PC / Relay board communication problem  (Read 2345 times)

PC / Relay board communication problem
« on: November 21, 2010, 04:38:23 PM »
Hi there great community!

It was beautiful day when I completed assembly of my cnc project until tried to test it...
Following carefully configuration instruction I was trying to play with relays on breakboard.
And nothing has happen (0x378 LPT adress and correct pins setup) 
I noticed "Port 1 Pins current State" indicator  does not change as I turn on/off spindle and flood (ESTOP was fooled).
I was trying to checki if address is correct in bios but found only LPT IRQ set to 11.
What should I do/check?

I work on Dell SX260, Windows XP Professional Edition , Mach3 + uServo Kit http://cncdrive.com/

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,024 8,024
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
Re: PC / Relay board communication problem
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 08:16:27 AM »
Hi Wojtek,

Welcome to the forum.

Do you get any communication at all between the PC and your CNC controller ?

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 03:01:01 PM »
Hi Tweakie

No communication at all.
Maybe optocouplers are burnt, but why LPT pins doesn't change state in Mach3's Diagnostic?

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  8,024 8,024
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
    • Tweakie.CNC
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 02:19:53 AM »
Hi Wojtek,

You are not alone, I can never get the Mach diagnostic LED's to work, they used to once.

I use Parmon for parallel port monitoring and you can download it from here http://www.geekhideout.com/parmon.shtml It is simple to use and will show if your LPT port is working or not.

Tweakie.
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.  Winston Churchill.