Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:36:16 PM

Author Topic: Problem finding machine  (Read 6982 times)

Problem finding machine
« on: November 14, 2010, 04:07:10 PM »
After some messing with Mach3 software, (updating, integrating with Lazy, finding license) I can no longer find my machine.  My port LEDS are all black in my Diagnosis screen.  I think all the ports are configured as before (Does anyone know the name of the file that remembers the users configs?).  I have two usb cables that connect to my PC, once is for a MPG and the other is for the machine itself, that might be the problem but I don't know.  The manual doesn't offer any trouble shooting suggestions.  Any ideas of what might be wrong? 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Problem finding machine
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 04:14:02 PM »
What machine do you have as if its connected via USB cable then it can really only be one of a few types of interface.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 05:17:44 PM »
 c:mach3/ "machineName".xml
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 05:34:42 PM »
try and find this it will help a lot if you need to reinstall
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 05:49:48 PM »
I have a Pilot Pro CNC with a controller board that uses a usb for additional power, I think.  I've had some luck getting my pin LEDs lit with different versions of Mach but I still have no control.  I also can't find any "machineName" or any other configuration profile file.  What corrupted files could I be leaving behind that a totally new install of Mach wouldn't fix?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 06:19:44 PM »
I have just googled Pilot Pro and it says you get a DVD with it showing setup etc, do you have that DVD?
Hood
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 06:48:30 PM »
I do have the DVD but the drivers etc. are all custom.  I have this: http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=47 .  The optoisolation is the reason for the additional usb power.  I'm also confident this is working because all the indication LEDs on this board change when I hit my limit switches and also when I disconnect my printer port from my PC.  But for whatever reason Mach has no such indication that anything is connected.  I'm using a configuration that has worked in the past with the correct port address.  Is this a driver issue?  And isn't the driver installed a new with a reinstall of Mach3?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 02:16:58 AM »
What profile did you use before? If it was the standard profile the config will be a file called Mach3Mill.xml if you made a custom profile the xml  will be the name of that custom profile.

Hood
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 08:07:46 PM »
While using my original licensed version of M3 I use my oldest profile in my xmlbackups folder, no luck.  The thing I can't figure out is why a downloaded demo version of M3 at least has some green LEDs on the diagnosis page.  Although even with these green lights and a .xml from the breakout board manufacturer doesn't get my axi jogging.  It seems green LEDs or not, I have no control.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2010, 02:59:13 AM »
You need to check you have the correct port address.
I also presume you wired this machine up so you will need to go into ports and pins and set the mototrs to the correct pins and port and make sure they are enabled.
Hood