Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:54:49 PM

Author Topic: Request for New Wizard  (Read 13427 times)

Request for New Wizard
« on: January 20, 2006, 01:19:53 PM »
Brian-

The Wizards have been very useful to us on our new CNC knee mill. We've moved almost every operation we were doing on our manual mill over to the CNC machine using the Wizards.

Here's one operation we're still doing on the manual machine that we would love to have a Wizard for.

Similar to the Surfacing operation, we often have to clean up the ends on a piece of bar stock too tall to stand up in the vice so we lie it down and clamp it long ways in the vice and use the side of an endmill to clean up and square up the ends. Kind of like the Surfacing wizard but turned on its side.

Any chance of a "End Facing" or "End Surfacing" wizard to make this end clean up easier?

Thanks,

Paul T.
Re: Request for New Wizard
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 02:55:50 PM »
I have a list going with thing that NEED to be added :)

I am going to add in a Point to point milling wizard that will do what you are asking for... as awell as make hex and so on :o

How is that??
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 03:30:39 PM »
A general point to point wizard would be handy, but I would still like to see and "End Surfacing" wizard that let you define the stock size and location and then did its thing, like the Surfacing wizard but with the stock rotated 90 degrees.

Paul T.
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 04:21:55 PM »
I am thinking about having button on the screen of the point to point wizard that will pop up a dialog box to auto fill the fields on the point to point wizard :)  there can be a Face end button on the screen with Rad corners  ;D

I think this would be okay for you...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline TDAY

•  165 165
    • View Profile
    • Home CNC Stuff
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 08:13:00 AM »
Brian,
 Is this still in the works? Your point to point wizard idea sounds awesome.Along with a multi-pass or roughing sequence like the pocketing wizards.
Troy
"I try to put forth the effort,before asking a dum question"
http://homecncstuff.elementfx.com