Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 07:53:22 AM

Author Topic: Machscreen file name history  (Read 6904 times)

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
Machscreen file name history
« on: November 11, 2010, 07:24:12 AM »
Anyone else seen discrepancies in file name histories ?

When I'm workign on screen sets the file history shown in the file menu doesn't always seem right ? Several times recently I've opened up the editor and looked in the list and it is very out of date, definitely not showing the list of files saved/accessed in my last editting session.

Also there's a macro command that has recently been made available to get the screen set filename (GetActiveScreenSetName() ). This is dead handy, as it allows me to show on screen the loaded screen set asa reminder. Somehow the screen sets produced by MachScreen don't always respond to this command with the right identifier, reporting earlier filenames (possibly one or two versions earlier) Opeing and saving the file using Mach3screen fixes this.

None of this is important, more of interest than concern !

Tim
Re: Machscreen file name history
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 03:39:50 PM »
Hi Tim,

is the mru file issue reproducible? If so, could you please give that sequence.
When GetActiveScreenSetName() doesn't work, can you only get it fixed with mach3screen. If so, could you please send that "not working" set file (please use project export to get the set-file, image-files and the program settings).

Klaus
The brain isn't a soap, it doesn't shrink when used.

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 06:11:36 AM »
Hi Klaus,

I'm beginnig to doubt my sanity, as I can't reproduce it at all now. The only indication is that as attached screenshot, the file history list is not correct. the last file edited was version 49, and the previous ones would be sequential before that, not as shown on the file history list.
I'm pondering on whether the list only gets messed up on reboot, as it has just maintained the list correctly when the editor was closed and re-started.

nope - just tried that and it's fine !

I really have nothing further to add - it all seems fully sort out now......

I'll wait for any re-occurance and let you know. Sorry I can't offer more examples !

Tim

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 04:43:40 PM »
OK, I've just saved version 70 of my most recent file, and after closing it, opening an unrelated file and then going back to the file menu it wasn't there on the recent file list !
In fact the most up to date file on the recent files list was 57, which is quite a while ago !

Still no further info about what I did to make it happen though !

Tim
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 11:53:56 AM »
Hi Tim,

is the order also mixed up, or is justthe  last recent used entry wrong?
Do you have more than 1 instances of Machscreen running?

Klaus

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 05:33:46 PM »
Hi Klaus, sorry for the delay, but there has been alot going on. I now have another version of Machscreen installed on a different PC, and the same issue. The mru list is never up to date, frequently it shows around 5 or 6 versions out of date.
Tim
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 07:42:33 AM »
Hi Tim,

I had a look at my source-code. MRU is only updated when opening a file. As you are adding a version to your filename, I suppose you store the file with "save file as", but save file as isn't supposed to update the MRU.

Klaus

Offline tmead

•  62 62
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2011, 07:59:31 AM »
OK, that's logical, and as I have machscreen setup to open the last editted file automatically I rarely use the 'file -> open' route, which would explain why the list is so out of date.
It might be useful if the mru is updated when machscreen opens a file automatically?

Tim
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2011, 08:07:37 AM »
Hi Tim,

that's an interesting idea, I will think about that.

Klaus