Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:31:18 AM

Author Topic: Backlash Compensation not affecting axis travel.  (Read 6901 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Backlash Compensation not affecting axis travel.
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 06:58:37 PM »
Thanks for testing, didnt think I had ever heard of that being a restriction in the demo but now at least we know for sure :)
Hood
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 07:01:25 PM by Hood »
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2010, 09:34:13 AM »
Thanks guys for your help in looking into this.  I can't seem to find the thread about 'reinstalling windows' but I believe it was RICH (my apologies if not) who was helping a client or two.  I read through so many that they all look the same now.

However, I did just find this post.  I will try this and see how things go.
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10732.0.html

Just to assure you, I did pay for a license.  Brian actually came and helped with the setup of the machine (Thanks again, Brian!).  Also, I said it was a retrofit, but it was more like a brain transplant, just the computer/controls were updated, and original steppers are on machine.
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2010, 09:50:17 AM »
Sorry we couldn't come up with more than what WASN'T causing it :D

When you do figure it out, please let us know what the problem was.
Bill (the Cat) Shubert
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2010, 10:24:48 AM »
To try an older Version, what files do I need to save to 'carry over' from one version to the other?  I know there is an xml 'settings' file.  Anything else?
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2010, 11:08:35 AM »
Just received this message from Brian:

"The Backlash is not working with the SS at this time. Greg was here about 2 weeks ago from Warp 9 and I made the code to do back lash for him. So you should have it very soon!
Thanks
Brian"

I forgot to mention that I am using Smoothstepper.  Bill and Hood, I hope I didn't make you chase your tail on a bug you knew about already.

Thanks for help.
Eric
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2010, 11:25:24 AM »
One more thing I never thought to ask.  I don't use the Smooth Stepper, but I was aware (from a friend that uses one) that backlash compensation is a problem with it.

Glad you got it figured out, but I guess the only solution now is to remove as much of the physical backlash as you can :(
Bill (the Cat) Shubert

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
Ha ha no probs but would have been able to tell you backlash wasnt working with the SS, Greg should have it done soon though.
Hood