Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:52:20 AM

Author Topic: Need help setting up Mach with Zenbot  (Read 2814 times)

Need help setting up Mach with Zenbot
« on: November 06, 2010, 05:50:43 PM »
I'm having some trouble setting up my Zenbot. I've downloaded Mach and placed the XML file from Zenbot and the license in the Mach directory. I've gone through a couple of setups videos and have had no problems.

However now, my Zenbot doesn't work properly. Whenever I use the jog function to move the X and Y axis, they only move in one direction. Nothing happens when I try to move the Z axis.

Has anybody had this problem? Are there any tutorial videos or documents that you think might be helpful? Any help would be much appreciated. I've emailed the Zenbot people and have gotten no response.

Thank you for your help in advance.
Re: Need help setting up Mach with Zenbot
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 10:44:52 PM »
If you run a simple g-code program does it move properly on all axis?  

Or in midi screen on the command line can you manually enter a g-code and have it execute properly?  

something like:

G00 X-1
G00 X1
G00 Y-1
G00 Y+1
G00 Z-1
G00 Z1

If it moves correctly then you just need to check / reassign your key assignments for jogging.  If not then you probably have a connection or hardware problem.  

One other thing.  When you start Mach you should use the loader and select your Zen setup.  And... always restart Mach after changing setup.   

« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:47:30 PM by Bob La Londe »