Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:39:36 AM

Author Topic: TOUCH PLATE FOR FET-3  (Read 2473 times)

TOUCH PLATE FOR FET-3
« on: November 03, 2010, 10:15:47 AM »
I would like to install a touch plate to my mdf constructed router table. I read so many posts about this subject on different forums i'am confused on how to go about this. I have a stepperworld fet-3 board and requested support from them with no luck. Is there a instructional procedure out there on how to do this including wiring diagram with my system?

ron hess

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: TOUCH PLATE FOR FET-3
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 02:01:30 PM »
Hi Ron,

The touch plate information in  Members Documents is here. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,10088.0.html

The way I have done it is shown (second half of page) here. http://www.cooperman.talktalk.net/files/17.htm

As I understand it the fet-3 only has 4 switch inputs brought out to the terminal block, as long as you have one spare input that is not being used, you could use that as your probe input.
Failing that you will have to locate an unused LPT (parallel port) input pin (10-13 & 15) and make a soldered connection to the underside of the pcb at the 25 way connector - unless you are very good at soldering this is not to be recommended.

Take a look at the above links, any questions, ask away.
This is one of those tasks that seems incredibly difficult until you have done it and then is seems just so incredibly simple.

Tweakie.
PEACE
Re: TOUCH PLATE FOR FET-3
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 03:59:35 PM »
Thanks Tweakie for responding, i read both of the links you provided but they don,t address the system i have. Being a hobbyist and haven't performed the task before is the problem and this seems to be the problem for most hobbyist i in this cnc industry especially in the electronics field. I still can't grasp the active high low thing. With proper prints and specs most hobbyist can build machines, run wiring, weld parts, thread components and can complete the project, but without this road map we are lost. Thats why i had posted on the suggestion area that there should be a how to do support category. Stepperworlds logic has switches S4,S5 AND S6 witch i have the home switches hooked up to. Hoping someone had used stepperworlds package and hooked up a touch plate and would share their installation. Still haven't heard back from stepperworld.

ron hess