Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:46:41 PM

Author Topic: On screen keyboard help?  (Read 4834 times)

On screen keyboard help?
« on: November 05, 2006, 10:42:50 PM »
My intensions are to make a new MDI screen with large keyboard buttons for use with my touch screen LCD monitor.
I do not intend on having a keyboard or mouse by my mill, only a screen and somewhere to hang my pendant.
I have been reading the threads for keyboards and touch screens, it seems there is a solution with that on screen keyboard, however I would be much happier if I could design my own keyboard in mach3 directly.

Is this possible yet or is someone working on something?
I have tried to add buttions in screen4, but when used in mach to enter a single line of code into the MDI line, pressing that button exits the MDI line.

Cheers,
James.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: On screen keyboard help?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 08:14:41 AM »
Have you read, watched the screen designer tips and tutors.? These should help. Wish I could tell you more. I'd have to research myself.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 12:35:01 PM »
James,
If you have or can use a SWF compiler program, I'll have the code done for the MDI for Flash screens in Mach within the next few days.

If you don't have a SWD compiler program we'll have a number of screens to chose from,actually the setup you want will be one of the first screens we'll have. I should have some time tonight to finish the code and construct a demo screen for you to test.

If you would rather not use Flash, Art is working on adding this to Mach in the future. Currently there is a calculator for DRO's in Mach and this will be adapted for the MDI as well.

If you want send me a sketch of what your thinking for your screen  ;D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 12:37:50 PM by zealous »
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 02:37:41 PM »
thanks zealous,

I am still building the machine at present, maybe 4 more weeks before power goes on so no immediate rush, those Flash screens look the way to go in future. I know very little about programing and compilers, but am keen to learn more.
The touch screen should arrive next week, I just want to be prepaired.

Cheers,
James.