Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 08:02:01 AM

Author Topic: PC has lost all my settings in Mach3  (Read 4709 times)

PC has lost all my settings in Mach3
« on: November 01, 2010, 04:47:27 PM »
I wonder if anyone can help.  In 6 months I have twice lost all my settings (ports and pins, motor tuning etc) that I had saved in mach3 and had to start from scratch.
Is there a way that these settings can be saved in a separate folder so that the next time it happens I could somehow re- add these settings back into Mach3?
 I would appreciate any info on these matter.

John.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: PC has lost all my settings in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 05:15:20 PM »
Copy the xml of the profile you are using, for example if using the standard profile it will be called Mach3Mill.xml and will be in the main Mach 3 folder. You can also restore to an earlier xml from the Operator menu but still best to back up your xml.
Hood

Offline Jeff_Birt

•  1,107 1,107
    • View Profile
    • Soigeneris
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 05:22:34 PM »
Every Time you start mach it backs up your profile XML and puts it in the 'backups' file. Just look in there and pick out one from a few days prior and change the file type extension back to XML and copy it back to the main Mach folder. The real question is why is this happening? If you loose power or shutdown the PC before Mach can close the profile XML file it might get corrupted.
Happy machining , Jeff Birt

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 02:12:05 PM »
Many thanks to both Hood and Jeff for your swift replys to my problem. I hope your answer will also be of interest to others.

John.