Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:15:01 AM

Author Topic: Can Mach do this? Bar feed  (Read 2343 times)

Can Mach do this? Bar feed
« on: October 29, 2010, 06:12:42 AM »
Does anyone know how to get mach to do this?

I am building a bar feeder, I have a pneumatic clamp mounted on the end of a ball screw with a stepper (rear clamp), the ball screw is 800mm long, if i want the feeder to feed 400mm of bar i acivate the rear clamp (on) deactivate the main clamp (off) the dive the axis 400mm pushing the bar through when it reaches 400mm the main clamp engages, the rear clamp disengages and the stepper returns to home simple enough.

Now for you mach experts out there, what if i want 1000mm of bar? yes i can write soe code that runs 800mm through as a first cycle then an additional 200mm. What i am looking for it a real trick way of being able to enter the required length (1000mm) into a dedicated region on mach called bar length and have mach work out how many cycles it needs to run in order to achieve the desired length.

any help would be appreciated.

thx.
Re: Can Mach do this? Bar feed
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 06:31:34 AM »
I just found popabears screen set here http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,4076.0.html
The screen set is designed for bar feeders that are roller driven so they never run out of travel lke a ball screw does.
It would be great to have this feature added to the screen set, unfortunately i do not currently posses such skills.

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Can Mach do this? Bar feed
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 06:05:49 PM »
Scott(popabear ) Is the one you need to talk to he can set you right up with a bar puller page and process setup.

(;-) TP