Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:21:44 AM

Author Topic: Remote Pendant for Galil  (Read 3359 times)

Remote Pendant for Galil
« on: October 26, 2010, 01:36:50 PM »
Have an MPG 101B but since that won't work with a USB Galil controller, what kind of pendants are other people using and what would you recommend? I will probably sell my 101 and buy what will work. Thanks

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
Re: Remote Pendant for Galil
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 03:15:15 PM »
The MPG4 from http://www.cnc4pc.com/ works well.  However, you will need to get a DB25 breakout and wire to the Galil ICM.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 05:34:00 PM »
Smurph, that looks interesting. I checked it out. How is it wired into the Galil ICM2900? Do they wire into the digital inputs? So I can assume the MPG101 I have cannot be used with Galil and Mach.
That's too bad cause I like the buttons and joystick.

Offline smurph

•  1,544 1,544
  • "That there... that's an RV."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 06:13:50 PM »
It looks like the MPG101 uses the parallel port, which is deactivated if you are using an external motion plugin.  So I don't see how it would work with that limitation.  It has a plugin with it as well, from what I read.  But I have not seen on or tried to get one working, so I can't say for sure.

The MPG4 is wired the digital inputs and a spare (or secondary) encoder on the Galil ICM.  So the MPG is actually controlling the Galil instead of Mach.  The MPG configuration is done in the Galil Plugin configuration dialog.  This makes for super smooth MPG operation!  You will also have to write a small brain that takes the digital inputs and makes them do the right thing in Mach (axis selection, step size, etc...)

Steve
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 06:40:12 PM »
Arghhhhhhh......thanks for the info but it looks like more than I can/want to do.