Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:26:57 AM

Author Topic: Problems with Parallel Port inputs on Motherboard not working  (Read 3720 times)

hi everyone my mach3 not working properly  the aixs z and the 4th aixs working , but  ( y axis and x axis) not working when i push x and y  to move nothing happen please help .

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Parallel Port inputs on Motherboard not working
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 10:44:57 AM »
Have you tried switching the cables on the bad axes with the known working cables to see if the X and Y will run? Possibly you do not have your pins set up correctly?

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
No need to worry about ECP/EPP with a G540 - do the following:

Folks,

a clean solution for the charge pump is to bridge one of the G540 inputs with a 1K ohm resistor to the charge pump signal you have chosen, of course only if you happen to have a spare G540 input. Since an unconnected G540 terminal block input (pin 1 through 4) will lead to a high voltage (about 5V) at its corresponding pin on the DB25 (10 through 13 respectively), bridging this pin with a resistor to the charge pump DB25 signal will provide enough current to lift the signal and cause the charge pump to function. You can of course do a messy job of splicing this resistor into the parallel cable, but it is much easier to get/make a three connector cable such as in the link below, where one end connects up to the PC parallel cable, one connector into the G540, and the third is where you plug in a connector which you've soldered or crimped the resistor.

I already provided this solution to Gecko support and they have shown interest in publishing it :)

Works like a charm!

http://www.watchobs.com/pics/MyStuff/ChargePumpFix.jpg
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 05:54:49 PM »
En mi cable paralelo una de las 25 lineas no me marca continuidad al probarlo con un voltimetro.
Es normal? o todas tienen que tener continuidad?
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 09:04:15 PM »
Stefano,

you should continuity on all 25 pins along the cable. Although pins 18 to 25 are grounds, one can not always assume the devices at either ends of the cable are using all of these. Better safe then sorry - have all 25 pins running through. At any rate, parallel cables are not terribly expensive.

Cheers
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 11:04:17 AM »
Ok. Muchas gracias.