Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:14:56 AM

Author Topic: Spindle control issue...  (Read 3595 times)

Spindle control issue...
« on: October 25, 2010, 10:20:18 PM »
I've just returned to setting up my little mini mill on my new control / drives, and I'm having a strange spindle control problem. I've got the XYZ working properly, tuned, etc. (no limit or home switches yet) and the spindle control is on an output1 relay. The manual spindle/output1 button works fine starting and stopping the spindle, but I'm having a problem with M code control.

If the code gives a M03 or M04 the spindle starts properly, but then Mach3 will not continue with the G code. If I remove the M command from the code, the rest of it executes properly. Even in MDI if I issue a M03 the spindle will start, but any subsequent commands I enter will queue and not execute until I manually press the spindle/output1 button to turn the spindle off at which point those queued commands will execute.

It's acting kind of like it's looking for a spindle index signal, but no index input is configured, and I can't find any settings that look suspect. If I set a spindle delay on the spindle tab I can see the dwell indicator come on for that delay period, but the code still won't continue after the delay period.

This isn't any sort of electrical issue since it happens with the spindle disconnected as well.

This must be a simple setting issue, but it's giving me a headache...

Thanks,

Pete

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
Re: Spindle control issue...
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 10:28:04 PM »
Sounds like you have a couple of duplicate pin settings.Look at input#1 if configured it will HOLD gcode execution untill released.

Just a thought, (;-)TP
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 10:06:00 AM »
That's certainly how it's acting, but there are no inputs enabled other than e-stop.  ???
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:14:20 PM »
Pete

Upload your xml file your using and a short part of a gcode file so others can look over it, you must rename the xml file as the board will not accept the default name
The Good Thing About Mach3, Is It's very Configurable

The Bad Thing About Mach3, Is It's Too Configurable
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 12:33:24 PM »
Got it. It seems there was a bit of THC related stuff left in the XML from the plasma profile.

Thanks!