Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:36:17 AM

Author Topic: Post Processor  (Read 2990 times)

Post Processor
« on: October 24, 2010, 10:42:13 AM »
I have bobcad v19 program and never downloaded a post processor, i was told by their tech support to pick fanuc 6m from the drop down windows in their program.  Recently i went on their website and saw they have Mach post processors. I have a router table, and would like to know which post processor to download Mach3 mill. exe, Mach3 mill with offsets.exe or Mach3 macro.exe ?  I am using Mach3.

ron hess

Offline ASC

•  59 59
    • View Profile
    • Automation Systems
Re: Post Processor
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 02:48:53 PM »
If you're using a standard XYZ router table you should be fine with the fanuc post, or any standard mill post processor, theres lots to choose from.  Its when you get into 6 axis and rotational axes with odd machine kinematics that the post becomes critical, ie) tooling offset, rotational radius in relation to the other axes etc.  Again, if you dont have the rotational axes you have a wide variety of post processors to choose from that will all get you consistent results. 
Mr. Creosote
Re: Post Processor
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 04:29:08 PM »
I also have V19 and I use the basic Mach3_Mill post.  I didn't like the one "with_offsets".  It puts tool offset activation codes (tool radius if I remember correctly) and I'd rather put those in the code myself.

I don't remember seeing a Mach3_macro post when I got mine, so I can't comment on that one.
Bill (the Cat) Shubert