Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:54:38 PM

Author Topic: Manual button for auto zero  (Read 13882 times)

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
Re: Manual button for auto zero
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 05:14:40 PM »
But can't you activate an onscreen button that calls a macro? Or that doesn't work?
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 05:33:25 PM »
I don't believe that you can.  Could be wrong.

It was a long time ago that I looked into this.

Greg

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2011, 04:18:33 AM »
I guess I was just making the point that as far as Duc748's particular requirement here, there's no need for any macros (or macropump) at all in the first place, so how to fire one is not really an issue.

However, if you DID want to use a trigger macro that handled multiple triggers, then it just requires a "select" statement so is not really that comlex.

Anyway - JMHO

Cheers

Ian

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2011, 05:56:58 AM »
I guess I was just making the point that as far as Duc748's particular requirement here, there's no need for any macros

I think the question was about triggering an auto tool zero routine, which is a macro.

Hi Greg,
I am running a twin Z axis machine (Z and A axis) with external zero buttons for both axis, can you please advise on what additional code I need to add to the macropump?
I have 2 separate Macros M615 and M616 one for each axis in the macro folder but unsure regarding the macro pump.

And yes I am sure with a bit of clever macro writing it could all be handled in the trigger macro.

However Rick has been using this macropump/brain combination method for a while and asked how he could extend it to cover dual Z axis.  Hence my reply.

Greg
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2011, 03:21:22 AM »
Well thanks for all the input,
I have implemented this as Gregs method based on the fact that the Brain has the safety feature of holding the button for 2 seconds for activation..I think this is important as people do push buttons..ah whats this for..you get my meaning.
The trigger macro does interest me too..is it possible to have the safety feature built into this method?

thanks again
Rick

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2011, 06:26:08 AM »
Hi Rick - can you clarify whether you're talking about an "auto tool zero" or just about zeroing the axis as per the standard Z and A zero buttons please?

Cheers

Ian
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2011, 01:59:52 PM »
Hi Ian,

The machine is configured as auto zero tool buttons with touch off plate.

Rick

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2011, 01:24:44 PM »
OK Rick and Greg - I misunderstood the requirement - Mea culpa.

However Rick if you do want to have a go via a trigger macro then yes you should be able to code in any safety features you like. See http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,15120.msg101160.html#msg101160 where if for example you put a "sleep 1000" as the first line of the example code, it would test whether you held the button that fired the trigger for more than a second before doing whatever.

Ian

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2011, 05:44:58 PM »
Ian

The advantage of using a brain is the timer safety.   If the switch/button is held for less than the specified time (2 sec) then nothing happens.

Can you give us an example of how to do this in the trigger macro.  It would be very handy to know how this is done.

Would it be an if/then with a pause and recheck input?

Greg
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2011, 05:50:31 PM »
Greg,

Ive been testing my setup today, I noticed that nothing happens for 2 seconds as my input into the Brain, but if I try the auto zero again it starts as soon as the button is pressed and no 2 second delay.

You have any idea what ive done wrong?

Rick