Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:15:14 AM

Author Topic: ModIO MP-03 pendant kit, plugin update..........  (Read 7331 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
ModIO MP-03 pendant kit, plugin update..........
« on: October 20, 2010, 08:19:10 PM »
Pete has the new plugin installer, fixed and smoothed out the motion of the MPG jogging for all axis, added an option, to enable/disable a Mach3 estop if the Serial modbus coms are dropped, also added a feature to enable/disable the pendant estop, with suboptions for momentary vs. locking switch types.

to get the smooth jogging at high speed MPG turns, had to drop the "Shuttle Mode" of right switch position 9, and put that it just changes to Continous mode for jogging while in that postion.

Updated the Flash help file, xml, modbus configs are now much simple, cut them down to just 3 configs, and it will auto load the modbus cfg, if you run the OEM profile/screen set.

Pete is working on a Mylar label so the switch positions, buttons, and LEDs are labeled better.

scott
fun times
Re: ModIO MP-03 pendant kit, plugin update..........
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 06:43:15 AM »
G'day Scott,

Built Peter's pendant with your plugin, works great.!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Just wondering, in the next version of plugin could you it a bit more customisable.? Maybe drop boxes to select different functions for switch position for example. In my case too many functions are not implemented on my machine.

Great Work
Wayne

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 05:16:08 PM »
sure, how much is it worth to you?
fun times
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 03:31:44 AM »
It's time and your effort, I don't know.

I hope a couple hundred is not an insult?

Cheers
Wayne

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 02:57:05 AM »
"In my case too many functions are not implemented on my machine.

Great Work
Wayne "

Wayne, you have 15 user LEDs to launch Macros, from Mach3, thus you could add at least 15 more mach functions from within those macros............

scott
fun times
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 07:03:26 AM »
Sorry, I meant I have a very basic machine and alot of the functions are not required.

Cheers
Wayne
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 02:30:43 PM »
Hi Scott,

I had my pendant running with plug-in 2.1.  It will not run with 2.5.  All of the input and outputs are mapped differently.  For example, pressing the right lower button acts like rotating the MPG, pressing the left lower button acts like pressing the right lower button as displayed on the MP-03 page.  The bottom green led flashes when the E-stop is triggered instead of the middle red led.  Can you help please?

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 06:37:28 PM »
Match your serial plugin modbus to the new one.
fun times
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 11:58:54 PM »
That was it.  The Modbus Configuration did not change from 2.1 to 2.5.  Once I zoomed in to the config screen in the help file, I realized the addresses had changed.  Changed them in the Modbus Configuration and everything works now.  Thank you!!!!