Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 05:45:03 AM

Author Topic: Maxnc  (Read 6899 times)

Re: Maxnc
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2010, 09:12:22 AM »
Another board said that the leasing company padlocked the warehouse and they don't seem to have filed taxes since 08'.
C and M own the shares.  I'm in the same boat, by the way, have been working on getting the thing to work for 3 years. 
Now its a hobby.  I'll admit to learning a lot during the journey.

Offline Tj256

•  45 45
    • View Profile
Re: Maxnc
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2010, 10:55:29 AM »
I finally got my MaxNC working! I wound up using the G540 from Geckodrive, and wired up 2 parallel ports. I even have my encoders working with Mach. I just have to write some "brains" to shut the machine down if the encoders don't show where the motors should be. It works better than ever.

God help me if I ever need to replace parts. I guess I'll have to get someone to machine them for me when/if my machine wears down.

I came close to not even getting a machine at all. The machine was many months late and only when I canceled it off my card did it arrive. Albeit badly damaged due to it being dropped by FedEx. I shipped it back and they sent the same one back. It has issues, but I've managed to work through most of them. I suppose I'm about a month or so away from actually being able to use this brand new machine.

What a way to go. Screw your customers, screw the IRS, and disappear.

I'm sure us maxNC customers will connect up on the interwebs and help each other out since we can't get support anymore.