Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:31:01 PM

Author Topic: Click jog and mill doesn't stop  (Read 8252 times)

Click jog and mill doesn't stop
« on: October 28, 2006, 04:50:42 PM »
I've been using Mach3 for a month and a half now and I think it is a great improvement over my last milling software but it has been
a rough transition. One recurring problem I have been having is that when I'm jogging sometimes the mill continues on when I take my
finger off the mouse button. I'v ruined a couple of expensive bits because of this. Also bored  a nice hole in my machine.  I thought it might be a defect
with my mouse but I bought another mouse and have the same problem. It only happens once in a while, perhaps once or twice a week. Anybody out there
have this problem?  I thought at first that I might have pressed two buttons on the mouse at the same time or something like that but I'm quite careful now
and I still have the problem.

Hood

Re: Click jog and mill doesn't stop
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 05:03:02 PM »
I have seen this happen when I use the keyboard to jog , a quick jab back on the key will stop it so possibly a quick click of the mouse button will also stop it. I have only seen it once or twice but usually I dont jog using the keyboard as I have an MPG.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 01:32:56 PM »
This must be an old version becasue I know that is Fixed in 2.X

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 08:38:37 AM »
What precations should I take bumping up to 2.X ?

Just back the XML file up ?
I dont wanna retweak the whole shabang again :)
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 09:46:55 AM »
Yup back up the XML and you will be good to go
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 11:18:02 AM »
Thanks, that will save me a bit or two.
Wawatobi
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 05:15:42 PM »
Sorry, but what is the xml file and how do I back it up?

Wawatobi

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 05:42:00 PM »
There is probably an easier way, but here is how I get to mine.
Close Mach
Click on start,my computer, c drive, mach 3. Just copy and paste.
Hover cursor over the icon and it will tell you it's type. You want the xml. There are several in my folder. I'd copy all of them. :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 05:48:40 PM by Chaoticone »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Hood

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 05:58:17 PM »
First thing everyone should do in my opinion is go to the tools menu on a window such as in Bretts screenshot in the above post (can be any, doesnt have to be Mach3) click on the tools tab then go down to folder options then click on the view tab and take the check out of "Hide extensions for known file types". Once thats done then every file on your computer will show its extension :) But then again, maybe I am the only one that hates it when file extensions are hidden by windows.
 Anyway the .xml you want to save is the one you use, eg if you are using Mach3Mill save that xml, if you have a lathe save the turn xml, plasma save the plasma.xml. If you have made a custom profile save it.
Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 06:05:58 PM »
Hi, Wawatobi

The XML file's are located in Your Mach3 folder, Mach3Mill.xml, copy and past it in your My Doc's folder, some where you can remember on your computer, just for safe keeping as it has all your setup/startup data.

It's the Session Profile you use at startup can be Plasma.xml, Mach3Turn.xml, Lathe.xml,  or one you created with Mach.

Hope this helps, Chip