Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 03:15:28 AM

Author Topic: Complete Gcode List  (Read 10875 times)

Complete Gcode List
« on: September 25, 2010, 03:17:11 PM »
Hi, Is there a complete list of the Gcode and Mcode with descriptions that mach3 mill and slightly more importantly turn recognises?  I have recently got my lathe running ok and have started playing with the programs.  The code I have just been playing sucessfully with regards CSS and was on this forum but if it wasn't on this forum I would never have known how to do it.  Codes like G96 G48 etc dont appear anywhere on the lists i can find. 

I have a few more problems such as index vs. timing option with more than one slot and not being able to differ the step and direction pulse of the spindle and servo's but that will come later :) 

A published list of all the codes that we could print off would be great

Cheers, Rob.

Re: Complete Gcode List
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 04:10:58 PM »
With the new screen its the last tab at the bottom of the screen then the button is on the left side of the page forg/m codes

Also in the c://mach3/documents folder is a pdf
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 04:23:48 PM »
I have found those but they still do not include codes such as G97, G96, G48 etc which when using turn (my main use) would be very useful. 

Rob.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 04:54:22 PM »
Turn sadly is the neglected poor relation but maybe one day it will get updated ::)

The G96 and 97 are mentioned in the manual briefly but the G48 is not and as far as I know there is no list other than what is in the turn manual.
Index (single slot) is the only one you can use now for threading.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2010, 05:06:18 PM »
Ah I see.  

Thanks for letting me know, I would've had no hair left trawling the forums and internet trying to find something.  My impression is that cnc turning is slowly becoming more popular so hopefully it will get some more attention.  

A friend of mine got into mach3 at the same time and even though there is a 45 year difference and this is his first computer - he is doing amazingly well.  I have started doing small instructions for me and him so that we know how to do stuff.  A link is shown here:
https://docs.google.com/document/edit?id=1ERUquEj66EbYI_Punsd-JX6ONqe-Ew6aarzcug-wQ74&hl=en&authkey=CIGcqOgM
It would be great if i could get some others done as well and if people want to share their codes to make life easier all the better :)  

Oh, also, when using metric feed/rev mode - is there anyway of allowing the feed increment to use a decimal point.  If im doing 0.2mm/rev and want to change it quickly, the smallest increment i can make without having to uncover the keyboard is 1 and 1.2mm/rev is quite large.  

Rob.  
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 05:10:32 PM by Manley86 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2010, 05:18:30 PM »
Brian told me about a year and a half ago that Turn is next after Rev4 Mill is done, only problem is Rev4 is taking much longer than it was thought as its a total rewrite and I think the new MSM screen has taken up a big chunk of that time. Just hope Brian isnt sick of coding by the time its finished as I am waiting for him to sort the Front and Rear tool problems.

Hood