Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:50:54 PM

Author Topic: mach3 stop on screen  (Read 4464 times)

mach3 stop on screen
« on: September 23, 2010, 06:15:16 PM »
Is it possible to add a feed hold button that does the same as using the mouse and clicking the feed hold on the screen?
or somehow using a key board stroke.
its just the time it takes when using the mouse
thanks paul
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:21:54 PM by woodguy7777 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: mach3 stop on screen
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 06:31:13 PM »
Yes, if you have a spare input just set up one of the OEM triggers to look at that port and pin. Then you go to Config menu and then System Hotkeys and in the OEM trigger box you would put 1001 as that is the OEM code for FeedHold.
Then any time you press the button your will get a feedhold :)
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 06:45:14 PM »
thanks hood
paul

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 08:03:02 PM »
You can also set up keyboard hotkeys to do any of the screen fucntions. My keyboard has 24 Fkeys and I have many such things as an Fkey.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 03:21:26 AM »
Personally I dont like HotKeys, main reason is you need to be on a screen page that has the button on it for that function to work. For example if in a wizard and you need to jog an axis and wish to use the MPG you are unable to change axis, change from Cont to Step etc unless you have previously added these buttons to the wizard screenset. With OEM triggers you dont have that problem, however the problem with oem triggers is you need lots of Inputs, so swings and roundabouts I suppose.
Hood

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 07:35:20 AM »
Is it possible to add a feed hold button that does the same as using the mouse and clicking the feed hold on the screen?
or somehow using a key board stroke.

Am I missing something here guys ?.

Whats wrong with just using the space bar for feed hold ?.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 01:22:03 AM »
Don't you have to activate a Brain Control?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 04:32:12 AM »
Don't you have to activate a Brain Control?

If you are meaning the space bar then no, it is a hotkey assigned in your screenset. If its a custom screen it may or may not be set up. Problem with the space bar however is it is a hotkey and like I mentioned above will only work if there is a FeedHold button on the screen you are viewing at the time you press it. For example if you are on MDI and you have just commanded a move but decide you need to feedhold, pressing the space bar will not work, you would have to first change to another page that has a feedhold button on it. If however you were using an external button via an OEM trigger then it would work regardless of whether there was a feedhold button on the screen.
Hood