Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:45:12 AM

Author Topic: Motors are buzzing???Help  (Read 9385 times)

Re: Motors are buzzing???Help
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 07:28:42 AM »
Hi Rich
Thank you for your reply

Sorry i didn't mean it to sound that the theory part wasn't important, its just that I needed to get the system going for peace of mind
rather than a expensive pile of wire and bits for a paper weight.
I know that I will have to read lots more and do loads more research and that is only to be expected, I do want to understand how it all
comes together and what makes it tick
Although my goal is to build a machine to help my business, this part is like a hobby, I must start to spend less time enjoying playing and learning
and spend more time on the mundane work bit (customers!!!)

I have done the calcs for the steps through the gearing and final drive but will go back to that now I know the system does operate
The target is to achieve approx 400" / min travel for the X & y axis according to my numbers below

From 500 rpm on the motor,  bearing in mind I will have a 2:1 reduction in rpm onto
the drive gear so that will give me 250 rpm at the out put

The Drive gears have a PCD of 26mm which calculates to 81.68mm per revolution (or two revs of the stepper)
(400 inches a minute = 10,160mm/min)
10,160 mm/min  = 124.387 rpm at the output gear = 250 rpm at the stepper  
On top of that rpm will be rapid feed for positioning hence it would be nice to get nearer the 500 rpm (without losing steps)
I hope this makes some sort of sense??

Hood
I have just read your reply, spot on I will have to look at the config, does sound hopeful though (Clutching at Straws)
I will let you know what I find out

Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 07:35:45 AM »
Just a word of warning, you need to keep to one set of units for your setup, ie if under the Config menu you have the default units set to Metric you need to calculate your steps per unit as metric and vice versa.
That does not mean you can not use Imperial code, all you need to do is tell Mach that it is imperial by having a G20 at the start of the code, if its metric code it would be a G21.

Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 07:36:44 AM »
BTW what drives do you have?
Hood
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 07:51:42 AM »
Hi Hood
sorry but what does the BTW stand for?? I am sure I will feel even dumber when you reply!!

Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 08:19:16 AM »
By The Way :)

Hood
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 08:54:22 AM »
BTW
I did say I would feel dumber!!   :-[

Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 09:01:06 AM »
;D
No need to feel dumb, I would say you were dumb if you hadnt asked, its the way to learn, whether its internet abbreviations or Mach setup.
Questions are always good :)

Hood
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 09:23:23 AM »
Hi all, again

Can someone explain what below means and does, trying to learn mach speak??

During the driver test I can achieve 75 K and the system tells me its stable and excellent
(at the start i get the message pulsing to fast - but that then goes green +excellent)
what effect does this setting have on the mach control and motor control systems??

Peter

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 09:34:02 AM »
The kernel is what Mach can pulse at, so for example if you had it set at 25KHz that would be a max of 25,000pulses per second that Mach could output for an axis.
If for example you have 1000 steps per mm then that would mean you Max velocity that is possible at 25KHz would be  25000/1000 = 25mm per second or 1500mm per min. So if you were wanting faster than that and of course if your motors were capable of faster, then you would need to increase the kernel to suit.
With your steps per unit and the probable max speed then I think 25KHz would be fine and using higher would not help and may actually hinder as it would possibly use more of your computers processing power.
Hood
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 11:41:07 AM »
Hi all
Following on from Hood's explanation of mach reading road runner as it comes (no G20 to tell mach its English / imperial)

How do I load the sample roadrunner G code and then edit it to put the G20 code at the beginning to tell mach its in English / imperial?

simple question I know and it is probably written or on a video somewhere

Peter