Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 03:17:15 PM

Author Topic: Mach3 with a DeskCNC controller?  (Read 4399 times)

Mach3 with a DeskCNC controller?
« on: September 19, 2010, 07:40:05 PM »
Sounds like a few years back using Mach3 with DeskCNC controller was being worked on.  I have DeskCNC and it works ok but if I get suck, that's it, no help......anywhere, especially IMService.  I am considering just building a new controller but thought I would check one last time.  I saw a co. that sells a USB to LPT converter, will that work?
Here is the link: http://cncteknix.com/portal/images/stories/CNC/usb-interface.pdf

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 with a DeskCNC controller?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 07:52:58 PM »
no help...especially IMService
Maybe you didn't pay your $60 yearly IMS fee to ask a question and get an answer!   ;)

USB to LPT converter, will that work?
None  / not any that i am aware of

RICH
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 07:57:22 PM by RICH »
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 08:04:29 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  Do you know of a site where I can get info on converting?  It seems to me that I should be able to use the servo drivers and power supply I have and just get a new controller board?  Even through this works fine, I cant sell it with good conscience so would like to use as much as possible. 

I did pay, I consider it part of my learning curve.   :P

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 10:37:41 PM »
Do you know of a site where I can get info on converting?
Maybe one of the members here have done it but don't remember any posting on the subject.
Mach provides  a step and direction pulse and I think your drives acccept that, then i would guess you should be able to bypass
the board associated with the software and use them. May need to use the Sherline Mode in General Config for a longer pulse.
Post some info or a link on them to make it easier for someone to take a look. The folks in here with servos can be more helpfull.

I consider it part of my learning curve
Sorry you got sucked in, it is what it is. Hopefully your experience here will be very different.
Don't have any ideas on other sites relative to the IMS stuff.

RICH