Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:03:54 PM

Author Topic: New installation on Windows 7 not displaying bitmaps  (Read 3698 times)

New installation on Windows 7 not displaying bitmaps
« on: September 19, 2010, 12:17:31 PM »
I had Mach running (without a mill, but with a test motor) on a system.  I upgraded the system to Windows 7 as a new install.  I reinstalled Mach3 (current development version).  The screens don't display bitmaps.  I've tried the default screenset, the Blue set and the beta new screenset.  Most of the program "appears" to work, but its hard to say without the bitmaps.

Any ideas?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: New installation on Windows 7 not displaying bitmaps
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 12:24:07 PM »
Never used W7 but a few have and no reported issues with this, just wondering if the Bitmaps are in the correct location in your Mach folder?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 12:41:21 PM »
They are in the bitmaps folder.  So, for example C:\Mach3\Bitmaps\MillBitmaps\BackgroundJog.  I looked at them with a bitmap viewer and they appear to be fine
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 12:46:22 PM »
I am running Mach3 on my Win7 laptop for development purposes and I have no trouble.

I also have it running my mill with Win7 and also have no problems.

We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 01:14:44 PM »
Well, since it wasn't anything "normal", I wiped the install (uninstall and deleted the Mach3 folder after saving my mill file).  I installed the stable release with zero options, and it worked.  So, somehow, the original install was screwed up.  I had trying just re-installing, which didn't fix anything.

Oh well, it seems to work now.  I'll try upgrading to the development version, but I bet that is going to work now too.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 01:20:27 PM »
While I have not had it happen to me with Mach3, I have heard about bad installs and of course that goes for any piece of software.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.