Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:54:17 AM

Author Topic: G73/G83  (Read 36255 times)

Re: G73/G83
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 04:00:48 PM »
ArtCode 3336 saying that the MPG code is crapping out..  To test please do not run in MPG mode

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 07:00:02 PM »
Back to the original issue!

Dave, as you suspected, you and MSM are off the hook ;) Today I tediously created all new profiles for MSM and 1024 cloned from Mach3Mill and entered all my info (I am getting good at this!). My problem with G73/G83 is present on MSM and 1024. Once in a while a hole will peck drill OK, but 98% of the time it does NOT.

Here's what I observe. Drilling starts, moves to X/Y, comes to Z.1, starts the first peck, stops feeding at some seemingly random spot but the DRO says it's still moving, retracts when DRO says it's at the right spot, retracts seemingly the right amount, .1 in my case, starts next peck, same thing, DRO says it't moving when it's not, it may move some again seemingly random amount before stopping with DRO still going. It seems to start feeding, stops while Mach thinks it is still moving, leading to Z being OFF location now. I tried drilling holes .5 deep, .2 pecks, then .1 pecks. It's worse with .1 pecks as it almost never feeds. By the end of 3 holes the Z is off by about an inch and a half!! Thankfully PLUS!!

I switched to PP, pecking works just as smoothly and consistantly as possible, over and over, all aftrernoon, MSM or 1024.

So, it seems to be an SS/Mach3 issue, again. I did try both SS plugins, 16bd and 15ogx2, no difference. If anyone thinks it might be something with my setup, please advise, but seeing as it works on PP and NOT on SS, I'm thinking my setup/mechanical stuff is OK, and it HAS been OK for a year or so.

I'm not sure if I should take this somewhere else or let it simmer here as long as Brian AND Greg have made appearances. I'll leave that up to them and you, Dave.

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2010, 07:12:47 PM »
Tom,
Was the latest round of testing you did all with mach 3.43.22?
(I think so, but I want to confirm)

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2010, 07:38:19 PM »
Tom,
I summarized what your text said into this table - did I get it correct?

---------------- MSM -----------------             ---------------- 1024 -----------------      
mach ver              SS 15ogx2   SS 16bd   PP                       SS 15ogx2   SS 16bd       PP

dev rev 3.43.22         bad             bad         Good                       bad                     bad               Good

lock down 3.42.40    n/a             n/a          n/a                      not tested          not tested       not tested

If this table is accurate, it seems to indicate a Mach/SS issue.  (whew!   :D )
We don't know if it is an issue with the lock down or only the dev rev.
I'd guess dev rev - as if peck drilling didn't work on SS with lock down, I'd think that would have surfaced before this.

Given that the issue happens with mach/1024/ss, earler dev revs can be tested (using 1024).
If you have the time (you're already done lots to isolate this down - thanks for that BTW), could you try it with 3.43.6/1024/SS 150ogx (as that was the first public dev rev with all the new APIs etc)?

In any case, since it feels like a sync issue between mach and the SS, I think it's going to be up to Brian & Greg to peer under the hoods to see what they can find.

Dave
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2010, 08:20:28 PM »
Yes, all my testing was with Mach3 v3.043.022.

Your chart is correct.

I'll have to see if I'm up to testing with the first dev rev!! When I get thru 4 hours of this I'm convinced I'm done screwing around but then I sleep on it and my mind is reeling and I go back down there and do it all again!! Good thing I don't have to make money with Mach3 and my milling machine!!

I suppose to test 3.043.006 I'd have to rename the Mach3 directory and install 006 from scratch. I could copy a profile in and that wouldn't be too bad. Hmmm....might not take much to try that!!!

I could also look thru my saved Mach3 directories from the past and see if I have one with 040 lockdown setup for my new PMDX hardware, but I don't think so. But one more run thru a complete new profile wouldn't be that big a deal either seeing as I am so damn good at it now! I almost have my Ports & Pins setup memorized and I do have my motor tuning settings memorized. I can set Config/General Config pretty much without looking, too!

At any cost, I think you're right assuming it's a dev rev thing as I drilled with G73/G83 all along with lockdown versions and 1024 screens for 18 months without any issues. I am NOT sure I've drilled any since rev devs and MSM unless I did it while on PP and never saw it with SS. I've done so much profile switching and PP/SS switching since this all began I can't remember it all! Then to add to the confusion I went from CNC4PC C23 BOB to PMDX and went from Gecko G320 to G320X during this time. If I ain't careful I'll approach 'expert' status one of these days.

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 08:49:26 PM »
he he,
I think you have discovered Brian's secret - I'm convinced there's something that goes into the software that hooks one into "I'm sure I can lick this, if I just try this one more thing....".   ;D

Dave
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline mick

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2010, 03:14:03 AM »
Brian,
       there are no MPG'S enabled, i don't have an MPG.

Mick.

Offline Calum

•  45 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2010, 03:57:17 AM »
Where can it get the SS v16bd plugin?  I seem to have missed that.

Cheers
Calum

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2010, 07:35:20 AM »
Where can it get the SS v16bd plugin?  I seem to have missed that.

I don't remember but it was in a forum thread about the SS and noise, perhaps on the Mach3 Yahoo group or Geckodrive group? Greg posted it there but I've never seen it anywhere else, like on the Warp9 website. Not sure if it fixes anything as I took the advice in that same thread and mounted my SS inside my computer case at the same time.

I don't know if it's proper forum ettiquitte to post it here as it's not "official", or I would.

If you want to email me at thosj1 at gmail dot com, I'd email it to you.

Went hunting, found it here:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mach1mach2cnc/message/121135
--
Tom

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2010, 07:55:58 AM »
Brian,
       there are no MPG'S enabled, i don't have an MPG.

Mick.

I don't know what MPG Mode is either, but perhaps if we told Mick how to check if he is IN MPG Mode. I seem to remember about a "mode" where you could step thru the program with the MPG, but I've never done it or even looked into it. Maybe Mick somehow got into "MPG Mode".
--
Tom