Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:53:21 AM

Author Topic: G73/G83  (Read 36259 times)

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
Re: G73/G83
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2010, 07:46:55 AM »
I never considered this, but I'm currently on the v16bd plugin Greg posted somewhere in a noise discussion. I could go back to v15ogx2 and see if that makes a difference. Won't be this morning, but later today.

The catch is why only with MSM? I'm still suspecting a corrupted XML. No idea how an XML could get corrupted like that, only affecting peck drilling, but stranger things have probably happened! I will create a new profile later today and see if that fixes the issue.
--
Tom

Offline mick

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2010, 09:10:33 AM »
HI DAVE,
             Just been trying g73/g83 in msm but no joy, changed to standard screen set and all ok.

using latest versions of both msm and mach,

no smooth stepper.
                                              rgds Mick.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2010, 09:20:37 AM »
Hmm...well now, Mick.

Can you perhaps elaborate on "no joy"? What exactly are YOU seeing with regard to G73/G83, something similar to what I was seeing or something else?

And no SS in your equation.

Hmm....indeed.

I'm at my part time University job this morning so not in my shop, but will be looking forward to any development here!
--
Tom

Offline mick

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 09:48:59 AM »
thomsj,
          yesterday i spent about 3hrs creating a gcode program which was running perfectly last night,
          this morning loaded the same program and got an unrecoverable error,tried many times to load,
          the only way it would load was after i deleted the g83 at the begining of the line.

Then i started to mess with changing to g73 at one stage the A AXIS started to move although
           there arn't any a axis moves anyywhere in the code,afer that i gave up and came indoors to try
           this laptop,in msm with g83 x0 y0 z-25 r5  dro's zero'd out i get y movement ! then z goes to -25
           and retracts to safe z, the peck distance is ignored.

Load machmill and the line runs as it should.
                                                                   mick.

Offline thosj

•  532 532
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 10:33:09 AM »
Mick,

Can you post a bit of your gcode with the G83/G73, just for a look-see? Your issue is WAY different from mine for sure.

Tom
--
Tom
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2010, 10:38:01 AM »
Mick,
Uh, You know I didn't really want to know this right?  :(   (....just kidding)

Re the A axis movement:
What page were you viewing when you saw the Z axis movement?
Was this while running the 10x7 resolution and on the run-path page?
If so, there is a bug on that page where the A axis DRO is actually showing the Z axis values.  
I have that fixed but it has not gotten out in a release yet.
OTOH, if you saw this on a different page, it is probably something different.

Dave

thomsj,
          yesterday i spent about 3hrs creating a gcode program which was running perfectly last night,
          this morning loaded the same program and got an unrecoverable error,tried many times to load,
          the only way it would load was after i deleted the g83 at the begining of the line.

Then i started to mess with changing to g73 at one stage the A AXIS started to move although
           there arn't any a axis moves anyywhere in the code,afer that i gave up and came indoors to try
           this laptop,in msm with g83 x0 y0 z-25 r5  dro's zero'd out i get y movement ! then z goes to -25
           and retracts to safe z, the peck distance is ignored.

Load machmill and the line runs as it should.
                                                                   mick.
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline mick

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2010, 11:04:00 AM »
Dave,
       The movement was on the run screen not the path screen, the dro's were not just updated,there was
        real movement of the axis.
           10*7 screen          

mick.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 11:05:33 AM by mick »
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2010, 11:28:16 AM »
OK, it's not the DRO bug then -

From the unsolved mystery list:
A couple of times over the last year I've had an issue with cross coupled axis movements like you describe. This has been with both 3.42.40 lock down and the later 3.43.x series. I've never been able to pin down a way to reproduce it at will, and I've never been able to show it to Brian.  When it happened, the XML I thought had the problem would not cause the problem on a different PC.
In the course of trying to find the bug, I did learn that building a new mach XML from scratch has always made it go away (at least for me)- but I have no idea why.

FYI - I've sent a beta 11 off to get posted. The only change it has is the fix for the A axis DRO on the run-path page.

Dave
Author of the MachStdMill Extensions for Mach3
www.CalypsoVentures.com

Offline mick

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2010, 12:08:57 PM »
thoj,

Offline mick

•  60 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2010, 12:17:01 PM »
Dave,
        just load g83 code i was running about an hour ago on this computer and now niether msm or macmill

will accept it ,they both crash.
                                                         mick. ;D