Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 02:12:54 PM

Author Topic: Acceleration  (Read 3454 times)

Acceleration
« on: September 14, 2010, 07:34:42 PM »
I need to use different accelerations during one work. Is the 'motor tuning' the only way?

I saw a macro made for setting motor tuning parameters in G-code. This is the 'state of the art' in setting acceleration?

BR.
Arto

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
Re: Acceleration
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 08:28:56 PM »
Arto,
Why do you need different accelerations?

RICH
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 02:48:10 PM »
For cutfront handling with different molten material viscosities.

So. No other ways than using macro to change tuning parameters?

Offline BR549

•  6,965 6,965
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 06:11:52 PM »
OK How would you prefer it to work???

Just a thought, (;-) TP

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 08:09:28 AM »
In motor tuning you are setting a max velocity and acceleration and thus they will limit a movement such that neither will exceed the max.
So if you want to change the acceleration, and depends for what the motion is related to, ie; a single axis / combined axis / rotating spindle,
or even a combination of one related to another, or linear / rotational, then you need to change one of the associated parts of acceleration, namely feedrate or speed.

You can have a read of the manual for Gcode and different feedrate modes.

Maybe i am totaly off base here as the needs are different as compared to machining.
I envison a difference in the basic importance of a parameter for what you want to do since you have introduced an undefined parameter such a
addressing changing viscosity to control motion. ie; How complex is the vicosity and do you have required data to relate it to the motion?
Shear thinning or thickening, residence time, related to HP requirements, isolated to part of the system, residence time etc etc and how do you want it to all relate. Simply, what is the horse and cart........and how is the data sampled and then related to what you want to control.
Stated a different way what is the logic?

Answers to simple questions sometimes can be complex......,

FWIW,
RICH