Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 07:37:26 PM

Author Topic: Pokeys + mpg + switches  (Read 4158 times)

Pokeys + mpg + switches
« on: September 14, 2010, 04:26:30 AM »
Hi all,,

Posted in 10.4 post that I'm having problems with switches for axis and resolution selection with Pokeys ( Have 4 pokeys boards, all the same),, going to try here,,

a) If I hook up as in the latest manual (pdf file from pokeys site) and installed latest pokeys software  /mach plugin,, the switches are not working,, depending if I select A axis to pin 10 and B to pin 11 (check the boxes),, the axis selection is jumping from Z to A axis and vice versa,,
In the standard (small) pokeys screen to see what input is switching, all is as in manual,, also on the pokeys "screen" all is as should be,,
If I hook up and write some brains,, everithing is working well,,

b) Also if I check the box "use one of the pendants" in the pendant configuration box below right in the pokeys configuration screen,, If in jog mode, the machine does not do the homing sequence,, it move a few steps and thats it,, if I uncheck the jog,, homing goes normal,,
When the use one of the pendants below is unchecked,, homing works correct even with jog activated,,

Is there anybody out there who has the pokeys / mpg and switches working as described in the manual from pokeys,,??
Plse advice,,

Thanks,,

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: Pokeys + mpg + switches
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 05:20:44 AM »
Hi!

I writed the manual and it was working fine.
I am on the bussines trip now, after will be back (End of next week), I will check all again.

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 10:29:16 AM »
Hey Eldeep,

the Pendant is working here as well, often the issue is in other settings of mach3. In the plugin installer, it installs a "Profile" and Screen set called "PoKeys.set".

Re-install the plugin, and then choose to run that profile and screen set, it has a diagnostic PoKeys screen on it. The PK OEM profile is set to run the Pendants, as plugin and play, understand that the wiring of your pendant has to be the same wiring as the one that Boris and Aurturo sell (those chinese 4 or 6 axis pendants).

If that doesnt work for you, let me know, it is usually another setting in mach3 that is the culprit, make sure all yoru connections are GOOD electrically, and re-affirm you have all the wires going to the correct pins....  eliminate the "simple stuff", as possible culprits....

I dont get a lot of free time currently, I am putting in some machine cells at a local factory, during thier evenings. So, I am on Skype usually around 8-12 AM Eastern Time US (I think that is -5 Greenwich).

skype name is:  "Poppa Bear (Scott S.)

scott
fun times

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 10:42:31 AM »
One correction: Scotts Skype name is: poppabear1000

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 11:30:07 AM »
Hi Scott, Boris,,

Thanks for quick replies,, wish that all products we use could have support like we have here,,

Pokeys problem: my bad,, didnt know that .xml and . pkc files are both the same,, if you open from the site the pendant 4/6 configuration file,, it saves as .xml,, changed it to "save as" and there it is,, THE CONFIGURATION FILE  .....pkc,, open it, send to the device and voila,, working,,

One thing though,, if you press the "activate button" to switch over to mpg (selectors to gnd), and you turn the mpg, the machine moves as expected with te axis selected,, BUT, If I keep turning the mpg and release the activate button,, the machine keeps moving until limit switch or software limit,, plse look in to this,,

Thank you very much,,
Kind regards from Barcelona,,