Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:23:11 PM

Author Topic: Open Doors Inhibit  (Read 5162 times)

Offline BOB88

•  20 20
    • View Profile
Open Doors Inhibit
« on: September 10, 2010, 03:20:46 PM »
For Hood,

I would like to use the #2 user input (the one just under Input#1 used for open doors inhibit) to reset Mach3, just like clicking on the red reset button on the screen does.

I have input port 1, pin 13 available and would like to connect a mechanical switch to the input to trigger the reset condition.  Would you please tell me how to do that?  The book mentions that the Configure...System Hotkeys, also allows defining external buttons used as oem triggers but didn't give any examples of oem codes to use.

What do you think is the easiest way to do it?

Thank you

BOB88

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Open Doors Inhibit
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 03:33:22 PM »
BOB88
Are you meaning you wish to have a momentary button on your panel to act as the Reset button that is on screen?

Hood

Offline BOB88

•  20 20
    • View Profile
Open Doors Inhibit
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 04:22:24 PM »
Hood,

I want to use one set of contacts on my remote E-stop switch, which stays made until the twist-lock is released.
I want it to trigger the reset button on screen just like clicking it with the mouse.  When the twist lock is released then clicking the onscreen reset should reset it as always.

Thanks,
BOB88

PS.  I'm not sure I'm replying to the forum messages in the right sequence or not.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 07:09:22 AM by RICH »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Open Doors Inhibit
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2010, 04:32:02 PM »
BOBB88, thats probably not a good idea as really your E-Stop should only operate the Reset button one way and you should have a separate switch to act as a Reset button, also not sure how it would work as a momentary switch is really meant to be used.
If you wish to set up a separate button  the procedure would be
First set up an OEM Trigger in Ports and Pins with the port and pin number you are using.
Next go to System Hotkeys from Config menu and set up the Chosen OEM as 1021

Thats all there is to it.

Hood
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 04:34:10 PM by Hood »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Open Doors Inhibit
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 04:33:43 PM »
Oh and really you should have started a new topic rather than posting in one which doesnt have any similarity to your question, but dont worry about it :)

Hood

Offline BOB88

•  20 20
    • View Profile
Re: Open Doors Inhibit
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 11:23:18 AM »
Many thanks to Russ (Overloaded) on Machsupport Forum) for splitting my questions into a new topic.
Anyway,  for Hood, a little more background:  I have a SmoothStepper, C23 Breakout Board, C22 MPG Interface Board, and an MPG4 Pendant all working fine on MACH 3 Mill, latest lockdown version.

I need another ESTOP switch than the one that's on the MPG Pendant.  My separate E-Stop switch kills the electrics power to servos, Spindle, etc. just fine, but it does not notify MACH3 that an Estop has occurred.  The pendant estop via the C22 hardware contact works just fine. It kills the electrics and also trips the mach3 reset button.  The problem is that I can't simply series the two Estop switches because the C22 notifies Mach3 by software internally, that its Estop button was pressed. While I can series connect the two estop switches to kill the electrics, it doesnt notify Mach3, because the pendant's hardware relay contact is driven by a buffer chip of some sort and the buffer IC is what notifies Mach3 ahead of the relay contact.  That's why I'm trying to get the RESET buttion triggered to notify Mach3 when the remote Estop is pressed.. I tried using the open door input but it stops communication with the smoothstepper whenever the input is triggered.  Does open door give any kind of Message or trip reset?

In ports and pins, Estop for the pendant is configured to Port2, pin 15 which goes to OEM Trigger#8.  If there is a way to configure an additional input to E-stop, that would make it easy.  I think the new C32 board fixes this, but there are C23's out there.  Thank you Hood, for your help and tremendous blessings to the forum.
Bob

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 07:43:04 PM »
Ah Ok think I understand now, I was thinking you were wanting a button to act as the Reset button on the screen does, ie if its fashing you press the button and it stops flashing but what you are actually wanting is to notify Mach of an E-Stop and the other button already uses the E-Stop input.
If thats correct then put the wire in to Mach like I showed in the OEM Trigger then make a Brain like the pic below and it should work. You may need to invert the signal in the Brain if its working the opposite.
Hood

Offline BOB88

•  20 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 09:21:37 PM »
Hood,

I went in on port 1, pin 13 and then put 1021 in OEM Trigger #13 which was unused and it works perfect.  Didn't need the brain at all. When the remote E-stop is pressed now, the electrics goes off and mach3 goes into estop immediately.  Apparently, the Reset button on screen is the software estop as well as reset.  The oem trigger recognizes the 1021 and executes the reset button.  When the Hardware Estop button is released, the onscreen reset button turns everything back on as desired.

Thanks for a very effective solution.
Bob88

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 04:08:37 AM »
BOB88
The Reset and E-Stop are slightly different and the major difference is just as you have described, ie the E-Stop should not re-activate the Reset condition when released. If you are happy with it that way and you are sure that nothing could start as soon as you release the E-Stop then alls good :)
Hood