Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 04:07:21 AM

Author Topic: cnczone  (Read 9216 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
cnczone
« on: September 07, 2010, 06:20:54 AM »
anyone got an inside track to any cnczone admins? I've been having problems for a while with the site being sloooooooooooow - taking anywhere from 30 secs to several minutes to bring up each page. Quite often it just times out altogether. It's getting pretty unusable. One particular problem is when it's trying to access ads.cnczone.com whatever that is - that can take forever.

I put a message on Forum Questions and Problems but didn't get any response from admin. I now see my thread has disappeared though I can still get to it from an old email notification of a reply. Seems to me they have a few issues.

Anyone else having similar probs.

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: cnczone
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 06:51:34 AM »
Ian,

I haven't noticed any problems with page loading times.

Gerry may be able to help or throw some light on the situation.

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 07:22:24 AM »
Tweakie - I'm at a bit of a loss to be honest. I've spoken to Hood (as another UK user - Scotland still is in the UK isn't it?  ;D) as well and he seems to have no problems. I've been onto my ISP but reasonably they say if it's mainly one site I'm having trouble with then likely it's their issue. As I say cnc admin havn't responded so I'm kinda stuck.

Ian

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 07:36:52 AM »
Ian,

This is not my strong point (well nothing is really) but have you changed anything in your browser settings that would respond differently to the Zone adverts and banners ?.

Have you tried both IE and Firefox and is there any difference ?. (I use Firefox).

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 03:41:58 AM »
Nope - haven't changed anything. Used to use IE but have been on firefox for a year or so. This slowness has really just started happening over the last couple of months and seems to be getting worse. With the Mach forum for example I can usually get to the front page (forum) pretty quick but sometimes getting to a sub-forum can take an age, sometimes it's fine.

Ian

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,196 9,196
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 04:28:07 AM »
Sounds like it may be the UK's not wonderful broadband service.  :(

Tweakie.
PEACE

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 04:36:34 AM »
well it's slightly better than my last one - at least I now get my crap service and crap support slightly cheaper  ;D

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 12:19:58 PM »
Hi Ian,

I have been experiencing the same with CNCzone. Have been always extremely slow for me to load pages. Thought it was just the way was, but appears others are not experiencing this problem...

Dan

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 07:50:44 PM »
Sorry, been out of town for the last week.

Honestly, I really don't have any an answer, as all I do there is moderate posts. The general response for these issues is to remove all cookies and clear the cache. Not sure if it'll help or not, though.

99% of the time I have no problems as all. When I do see what you guys are experiencing, refreshing the browser will load the page immediately.

I haven't been there for the last week, though, so I'll see if there are any recent issues.
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010, 06:30:14 AM »
Thanks Gerry.

Well it seems like I wasn't entirely correct with my reply to Tweakie when I said I hadn't changed anything. A while back after discussion on my ISP forum I changed DNS servers. It turns out I wasn't very well advised as one of them was openDNS - which I now know to be not the best choice in the world.

Now I've switched to different DNSs and flushed the DNS cache, things generally seem a lot better. The zone is still not the fastest - but a lot better. Early days for a real comparison of before/after but fingers crossed.

Ian